Plastics

kittykatzmom
on 2/17/10 11:26 am - Mason co., WA
Hi all  long time no see....lol  I have been gone awhile and getting my personal life straightened out.

Well I will be 2 years post op in April and am 9 lbs below goal with LOTS of excess skin.. I was told before my surgery that I would be able to have pastics at Madigan a year after my surgery.  well that has not happened and I was wondering iof anyone is having any plastics done at Madigan lately on on the waiting list. I have the the nurse in chage of the list and all I get is an answering machine and no returned phoned calls.  getting frustrated......
any info would be appreciated.

Thanks  Cindy

~Cindy~

kymoon
on 2/18/10 5:59 am - graham, WA
i had ryn 7/08...i had a tt at madigan... 2/9/10 im a week out of surgery...dr carter who did my ryn...also did my tt...just keep calling....if u have to make appt. with ur ryn surgern..and get another referal...u know madigan..u have to stay on them...and ask questions
kittykatzmom
on 2/18/10 8:41 am - Mason co., WA
Thanks for the info.

~Cindy~

Fran575
on 2/21/10 7:56 am - Tacoma, WA
I also had Dr. Carter do my TT on January 19th of this year (he was also my RNY doc). I had gone to see him about the hernia in November and he said he could do the TT at the same time he repaired the hernia. Because I had some pressing work-related things to take care of we scheduled the surgery for January 19th, 2010.
Unfortunately I did not have a good procedure. I had a large hernia repaired (just below the breast bone) and then a anchor TT. But I developed a "bleeder" in my abdomen and 12 hours after the initial surgery I had to be completely re-opened (they woke Dr. Carter up at midnite to do this) to flush the blood out and find the leak. Because of this complication the skin died where the vertical and horizontal incisions meet, due to being re-opend and re-stitched. I ended up with a hole about 3" long and more than a 1" deep.
My dear husband had to pack it 2 times a day for 2 weeks. I was put on a wound VAC yesterday (Saturday the 20th). Things should move along just fine now. The VAC is a inconvenience but it is so much better than looking (or smelling) the hole.
I still love Dr. Carter. His care and bedside manner are wonderful. But complications do happen, and this time it happened to me.
When this is all over I will have a nice flat stomach and some great definition in my waist. The rest of my incisions are practically invisible. Dr. Carter does great surgery.
Can you just go see your weight loss surgeon to get the referral or even have him do the surgery?
Fran

netta
on 2/23/10 3:29 pm
hi
If you are on a waiting list at Madigan,for plastics or general surgery,if it is not medically needed, there is a charge for the surgery,any where from $1000 to $4000, to be paid before your surgery happens,also some of the surgeons are deployed, so returning military gets help first, thats why the lists are not moving fast,make sure your info there is up to date , the schedualer there is also new, so the surgery clinic is all messed up,
Obviously we are always the last to know these things,If you are on a list, make sure you keep bugging them, and see if or what you are gonna be charged,,this is new to them too
I am almost 3 years out,had my RGB and breast lift and tummy tuck there,,am very happy with what I got,,also am down 175lbs,
Good luck to everyone
Redd
Most Active