Daytime or Weekend Support Groups in the Oly, Puyallup or Lakewood area

Andrea_1972
on 2/16/10 9:10 am - WA
I would really like to be able to attend the support group at MAMC( either one of them) but the hours are just not good for me. My kids are home then and plus I am often at the Y during those hours. Any sugesstion?
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/20/10 3:42 pm
Nothing in Oly, and I hoped to start something, but never found a free, fairly private meeting spot. If something gets started I hope to see it here.
jlph62
on 2/21/10 12:44 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi
I'm in Olympia.  I would love to be part of a support group.  I am fortunate that I will be going to group health's bariatric group on the 2nd thursdays of each month but I know I could use more support.  I could in no way be a group leader because I still have so much to learn and am still just trying to heal.  I'll start looking for a place to meet too.
Joanne
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/21/10 1:07 pm
I think there were others that were in Olympia too, but no one wanted to be the leader, lol. If there were just a free place to meet, something could be worked out, we need something here.
Deanne
Susan O.
on 2/23/10 1:42 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Stay tuned!  There will be an Olympia area group starting in the near future with 2 newly trained leaders! Just looking for meeting space, etc. etc.  I do think it will be in the evening though, as that is when the majority of folks can attend.  Watch this forum for more info in the coming month.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/12/10 6:37 am
I'm hopeful. I just saw a group of knitters meeting at the west oly TOP Foods, in the front meeting area with the fireplace and windows all around, and thought it looked like a nice place to meet.

It would be free to meet there, but not totally private.
jlph62
on 3/12/10 2:07 pm - Olympia, WA
Awesome.....only 3 blocks from home.   I went to my first group health support group meeting last night and I was inspired and felt really good afterward.  I'm looking forward to meeting others in this area.
Joanne
Most Active