Just Entered 'Overweight' BMI

pnw
on 2/14/10 5:31 am - Vashon, WA
 Never thought I would be happy to be 'just overweight'.  Just sneaked in the door this morning with a new scale number.  

My newest food love - Bumble Bee Tuna and crackers.  I am still eating small portions and this 3 oz package hits the spot for a meal.  

Also clothing issues - I am finding Target carries a nice line with items under $20.  I have given up on pants - too much alterations.

Happy Valentines' day
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Lori K.
on 2/14/10 6:59 am - Spokane, WA
Congratulations on that goal!  I have decided I am going to buy myself at least a 1 carat diamond when I reach that milestone.  22 lbs to go.  EnJoy the feeling!!
Lori   <><  
Ht.  5' 5 1/2"
HW / Pre-op SW  / CW /  MY 1st GW / 2nd GW/ Surg.GW FinalGW   

272 /  255   /  246 / 166/182(29bmi)/ 172(81%EWL)/ 163  /152 (24.8BMI)    
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.   Robert Collier

Donna Childress
on 2/14/10 7:01 am - Maple Valley, WA
Congratulations!  I know what you mean by clothing issues.  I've found Ross to be one of my major sources for clothing.  Wish I was still eating the smaller portions.  I'm now just over 8 months out from my RNY and have found my portion sizes creeping up.  I've also been exercising much more to tone up - swimming laps for a mile three times a week now and also using my bowflex treadclimber more.  I'm toning up, but have noticed exercise makes me hungrier!  What a problem!  I hope I haven't stretched my pouch out too much.  Hope you are having a wonderful Valentines day - my hubby is working and to him this is just another day.....Ho Hum, where's the romance in that........
Donna/ragadolly

pnw
on 2/14/10 10:50 am - Vashon, WA
 Lori - 1 carrot ring....I'm liking where this is heading!!  

Donna - there is a 5 day pouch challenge you can look into.  I can't recall the site but it involves starting out on liquids and then progressing in small steps - like we did when we first came out of surgery.  

I have met some that feel they are getting around the pouch by eating then waiting and eating again - thus eating 2 meals back to back and getting in way to much food.  Falling into that food trap again.  While we need to eat more than 500 cal a day - I think we need to continue to be aware of good food vs empty or bad cal.  

I don't know how far I will go - I was told that if I drop 80 pounds I would have met the goals - but that puts me just shy of my own goal but still in a good space.  One doc thought I would not drop more than 60 - I am past that now.  

Wearing a size 8!  At my pre-pregnancy weight (17 years ago) and feel so much better than I have in more than 20 years.  

My bottom line - if I stopped losing today - I would be ok - but I know that I am still on this journey - I am only 4 mths out.  

Workouts for me
I am back into my karate - 4 hours a week.  Still walking and yoga - Yoga has proven to be a great tool for me.  I think I grew :D

Onward gang

mary - 
vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Linda W.
on 2/16/10 5:59 am - Vancouver, WA
Mary,
You ROCK!!
Congratulations on such a great goal.
I saw the surgeon (18 month check-up) they are going to do metabolic testing in March they think my metabolism is stuck.
Again Congrats
Linda

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

newlisab
on 2/23/10 12:19 am
Old WA  resident...Slash Lurker

Yeah Mary!!!!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-