x-post MY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!

Kathy P.
on 2/9/10 7:11 am - Port Orchard, WA
HAPPY ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY TO ME (AND ALL THE OTHER 2/9'ERS!!)

So here is the down and dirty fat  (or lack thereof) talk:  I have lost 92.4% of my excess body weight. In poundage speak, I am down 172 lbs., but have been up and down with the same 2 lbs. for the past three weeks. I blame this on my weight training....

In the past 30 days, I have only lost about 5 lbs. BUT I HAVE LOST a total of 10.75 inches in that same 30 day time period. So, I figure I'm building muscle, which takes up less room than the bulky fat.

I have 14 to 16 lbs. (depending on day) to go until I  hit my Docs and my goal that we set post-op. My BMI still has me in the "overweight" catagory. ARGH!  WHATEVER... I think I will go see a physiologist or trainer to get an accurate body fat reading to differentiate between fat and muscle.

My BUTT AND BOOB SIZE  :  I am wearing a size 10 levis's and size 10 tops and dresses, versus the size 26 top and 28 dresses of a year ago. One year ago, I wasn't wearing zip up jeans, but rather size 26 pull on elastic waist denim pants (you know the ones....).

I've been off all meds for about 9 months. My resting heart rate is 56 versus 90 from a year ago. Sleep is great!

Work out wise:  I run at least one short run of 2 miles once per week.  I run one 5k once per week, and will be increasing that to two per week. I'm training for a 10K in June. I hit the gym 3 to 4 times per week, doing eliptical, bike, upper and lower body weights . I haven't swam since December...need to get a new suit.

I haven't taken full bod pics in a few months, so that is my DH's job over the next couple of day. When he gets them done, I will post.

Hope all is well with all of you!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/9/10 8:08 am - WA

What great news! Keep up the good work! You should be so proud!

Merrilou

pam H.
on 2/9/10 9:16 am - Renton, WA
Way to go , Kathy!!! You have done so well! I can't wait to see your pics!

Helen_Anne
on 2/10/10 12:58 pm - Bremerton, WA
CONGRATS Kathy ... YOU are truely an inspiration!!! 

I am hoping to do a mini tri-athon this summer... just saying (typing? ) the words makes me a little weak in the knees... but YOU are inspiring me to GO FOR IT!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Kathy P.
on 2/10/10 2:17 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Thanks Helen! You and your bike riding has been insprirational to me as well! Which mini-tri are you considering? The Tri-Turtle is in September, I think, out at Wildcat Lake, if they keep it open. I was going to do that last year, but had gallbladder out instead. So I had a good excuse!  I'm considering doing it this year, or maybe do it with a team. I work with a woman deathly afraid of the water who wants to do relay and have someone swim for her. I'm not real hip on doing a 15 mile bike ride (I don't have a bike and riding on the roads that aren't closed to traffic kind of freaks me out). So, I may consider the relay.

Have you tried any runs? Bangor has 5K's often, and a 10K coming up in April. I go with co-workers who can get on base...so it's a nice and friendly way to start out. Good sense of community.

Take care- and let me know about your mini-tri!!

Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active