I had my sleeve last Friday, home on Sunday!

Cathy R.
on 2/1/10 10:21 am - yelm, WA
So far, I'm doing great.  I can home yesterday so only two nights in weren't so bad but it doesn't compare to being home.  I'm already back on all my medicine and with MS if often is a lot.  I find taking my medicine slowly with sips of a protein drink works very well for me.  I had a great medical team.  I allowed the residences to work along with Dr Martin and everything seems great.

I researched until I was blue in the face b(Idreaded this the most)ut that's okay they let you breathe during surgery, HaHa.  When I woke up I didn't have a catheter (this I dreaded) nor did I have the breathing tube.  I've been primarily confined to a wheelchair for the last five years and I hoped that this type of surgery would improved my mobility.  I have walked more the last few days (with walker assistance) than I remember when.  I'm liking that, so for me I'm strongly feeling this was the right direction to go in.  I wasn't really gaining much but with my limited mobility I felt that I didn't have the one more tool I needed to remove the weight I had.

I'm so thankful for this site and you that participate.  I've learned so much.  And to those that read this that have WLS upcoming or are doing research for someone else, the best advice I've read here many times is research, research, and research.
Cathy R    
Helen_Anne
on 2/3/10 3:50 am - Bremerton, WA
Congrats on getting your surgery and getting home from the hospital!!

It so exciting that you are walking more than before.... I am sure you have heard this before... sip sip sip .... walk walk walk!

Keep us updated on your progress!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

newlisab
on 2/3/10 10:51 am
YEAH  CATHY!!!!!  I"m soo happy for you!!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Andrea_1972
on 2/4/10 3:23 am - WA
Congratulations!
I am glad that you are feeling okay after coming home.

Most Active