Revision Question

Michaelle H.
on 1/30/10 9:15 am - Puyallup, WA
I will start my question out with some history about me and my surgeries, yes surgeries. I had my original RNY 12/04 lost 130lbs which was awesome.  I then started having pain that the Dr could figure out where it was coming from. We did a exploritory in 07.

Then all hell broke loose, my ulcer perferated and developed an intestinal fistula.
Dr. alperovich sent me to the OR to remove the rest of my stomach and repair the perferation. In the operating room my spleen didn't stop bleeding and had to be removed.
I spent a week in ICU and came home 1 1/2 weeks after surgery.

Since the time of the Intestinal Fistula until now I have GAINED back 90#. I have gone back to my surgeon and he says he doesn't think doing a revision to DS is going to do any good.
I am currenty 200 cm proximal.

My question is, has anyone ever heard that a DS didn't make the patient lose weight?
Right now I am trying despretly to follow Vitalady's all protein regemain to lose it but it seems I'm destined to be FAT again.

Any help is very appriciated.

Michaelle H
Puyallup
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/31/10 8:08 am - Buckley, WA
 I don't have any great answers for you . I would suggest you talk to a surgeon who does revisions . You're not a failure unless you quit trying . Until you can talk to another surgeon , I would continue as you are . Michelle knows her stuff . She won't steer you wrong .

vitalady
on 2/1/10 10:34 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Both of you please get your booties to support groups. Michaelle lives about 3 blocks away.

Nothing helps like being eyeball to eyeball with others who have done it.

And you, who is NOT THE BUNNY, you saw me lose the wt with your own eyes in 2007.

I'm pretty sure you can do it without Barney's help. I'm not suggesting that part.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Michaelle H.
on 2/2/10 5:09 am - Puyallup, WA
Ok I'll come is it tonight and tomorrow. 2/2 and 2/3?

Thanks,
Michaelle H.
on 2/2/10 5:19 am - Puyallup, WA
Ok my bad next week Tuesday and Wednesday I will be there.

Thanks Michelle
vitalady
on 2/2/10 6:19 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Next week. 2nd tuesday. Also next Wed. 7pm.

Can't wait to see ya!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active