New WLS support group in Stevens County - Washington

BigGirlsDoCry
on 1/29/10 9:58 am - Colville, WA
Hello!

For those of you in the Stevens County area of Washington State, there's finally a Weight Loss Surgery support group just for you.  No more travelling clear to Spokane to get the support and comraderie from others who are on the WLS journey!

The WLS Support Group meets at 6 pm on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Health Education Center in Colville (across the street from Providence Mount Carmel Hospital), at 1169 E. Columbia Avenue. 

This group is open to all interested parties: those who are curious or have questions, those who are already on a WLS journey and are awaiting their surgery date, those who have already undergone WLS, and family members, partners, and friends who want some answers or wish to lend support.

We're also starting up a clothing exchange to help minimize the financial impact of WLS.

For more information and to RSVP to our first meeting on February 10th, check out the WLS Support Group page on Obesity Help:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ColvilleWLS/ 

I hope you'll join us!

-Veronica Randall
Co-Facilitator
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  ~Dr. Suess

EricW
on 2/23/10 10:16 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
I'm in, DS on 8/21/08.  Live in Kettle Falls.  I'll see if I can 1 finger navigate to the site thread.  Thanks for posting.  EW
Most Active