Surgery types

Diamonds-r-4ever
on 1/28/10 3:15 am - Winlock, WA
I was wondering what type of surgeries a retired Military can get at Madigan. I think I have stretched my pouch and need it fixed. I am ashamed to say I can eat a lot more than I should. I know I can eat about 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups of  food at a time. Need help and support. I live in Winlock and I don't have transportation at this time. Thanks for reading and the help.

Wanda T

Helen_Anne
on 1/28/10 5:23 am - Bremerton, WA

I have been told that it is difficult to stretch your pouch so soon from surgery... am I correct in assuming that you had surgery in May 2009?

Question... can you eat 1 to 2 cups of solid protein?  That would be about a 12 to 16 oz of chicken.  I know that I can eat over cup of salad, crackers, popcorn, chips, watermelon, soup - but I can't eat more than 3 to 4 ozs of solid protein (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup). 

Salad, crackers, popcorn, chips, watermelon are concidered "Slider foods"... these foods "slide" through our pouchs.

What exactly can you eat 1.5 to 2 cups of?

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Diamonds-r-4ever
on 1/29/10 1:54 am - Winlock, WA
Hi Helen, That you for your reply. I can only eat about half a Chicken breat. I didn't know those things were slider foods. I have only been to a nutrionist one time. That was all we could afford at the time. I have been in a.stall for three months now and it is driving me nuts. I try to eat as much protein as I can but thet is not alwas easy. For Breakfast I have an Adkins drink and  a smal or medium banana. It just seems like I am hungry all the time. (Could be Stress)
 For some reason when I eat my stomach pokes out like a a balloon. You know, like one of those squishy balls you squeeze and a bubble comes out. It just doesn't seem normal to me.  That's why I was asking about surgeries at Madigan. Than ks for the info. I did learn something new.

Wanda

Most Active