What's up???

Debbie D.
on 1/27/10 8:37 am - Chelan, WA
Okay, so some of us post something on the board and hope to get some replies back. 

I see many like to peak at them and read but not have anything to say......AT ALL! 

What is up with that?   

I remember this board a few years ago being more active with support.  

Come on Washington!  

Let's see some supportive replies for people....something....please! 

Thank you   

Helen_Anne
on 1/28/10 5:36 am - Bremerton, WA

Maybe we just need to have some light a fire under our butts!!

At the support group last night... we learned that there is new research saying that WLS patients have better aborbion of their supplements if they are also taking probiotics.  The key here is to make sure the probiotics are "live"... and which mean they usually need to be kept in the refridgerator.  The probiotics keep the "flora" in our GI tracts healthy.  Also... the daily dose needs to be 3 to 4 billion... yes I said billion.  While I eat greek yogurt... I think I am going to look into getting some probiotics...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:59 pm - Chelan, WA
WOW!!!  This is very interesting!  I so wish we had a support group here!  How oftan is your support group?

Debbie 
Helen_Anne
on 2/1/10 12:23 am - Bremerton, WA

Debbie...

Both are monthly... the Seattle Virginia Mason WLS Support Group is the first Thurs and Virginia Mason Federal Way group is the 4th Wed.

Maybe you can start a support goup...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

curiousasacat
on 1/28/10 2:41 pm - WA
I read it.... yeah well... that's life....  some are lurkers some are responders... Good night and sweet dreams.    Try not worry...  I think we're just getting over the holiday buzz .... kicking my fanny to bed... zzzzz ~Kelly

Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 5:01 pm - Chelan, WA
Most seem to be lurkers...LOL!!!  Just trying to see if I can get people going!!! 
Mdae
on 1/28/10 5:50 pm
I mostly post on the DS board.  It's much more lively over there, and SO much information - if you have vitamin questions, and you don't get Michelle's (vitalady's) attention right away, try over there!

Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 5:04 pm - Chelan, WA
I'll have to do that.  I need to look into this DS surgery.  It seems to be pretty popular than what I remember from being on OH a few years ago.  I wonder if they do that at the UW.  Need to looki into it. 

Deb
Billie Jo C.
on 2/2/10 7:48 am - Spokane, WA
Hay Debbie...

I'm a lurker here in the forums. I'm always reading the out of date posts and such.
Well anyways I was wondering,.. You mentioned in another post that you have an advocate that was helping you with the Medicaid process. Can you tell me a little about that? How can I get one etc....?

-Billie Jo
Debbie D.
on 2/7/10 12:53 pm - Chelan, WA
Well hi Billie Jo,

I have heard that a lady on here by the name of Diana Cox does probono work that may be of some help.  Try searching her name on here and see what you come up with.  Hope that helps.  

Debbie 
Most Active