New Group for South King / North Pierce County

KarrieMassotti
on 1/26/10 11:04 am, edited 1/26/10 11:14 am - Kent, WA
I am pretty new to this site and so I  was browsing groups to join and was surprised that there was not a group for South Puget Sounders.  

There were a lot for North Puget Sound or Eastside but none for those in Burien, Kent, Federal Way, Renton, Tukwila, Tacoma, Fife, Milton etc...    so I started one.

Please join the group so we can support each other and make local connections.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS

Debbie D.
on 1/27/10 8:41 am - Chelan, WA
Good for you!  I am glad to here someone start something like this.  Wish I had one in my area!  I am proud of you.  I wish you all the luck in getting it going off to a great start!

KarrieMassotti
on 1/27/10 1:16 pm - Kent, WA
Thanks Debbie.    You should start one?   They don't have to be in person, they can be online presence only with occasional oppertunity to meet face to face.
Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:49 pm - Chelan, WA

Really?  Wow.  That is tempting.  But it would be better for me to be a attender instead of hosting one.  I honestly have so much going on right now.  I am doing my best to keep not only myself going but my honey who has cancer and my kids who are dealing with a lot on their plates as well.  In the meantime, I have turned to here for support for myself to keep me positive.  I was just hoping that there would be a support group as well for me.  I guess I will just stick to posting, emailing, and meeting friends on here. 

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 1/28/10 6:14 am - WA
I was hosting a group, first at my home then at the Auburn Eagles. If you can get enough people to meet the Eagles is a great place. We did some line dance classes it was fun. Let me know what you think.

Merrilou
Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:52 pm - Chelan, WA
That sounds like it was fun...my honey and I always wanted to learn to line dance!

Deb
thisbe777
on 1/28/10 10:04 am
i would love to find a group....  i went to one at virginia mason, it was a great group, but i was the only sleever there and i felt a little out of place.... it would be nice to find one that i felt comfortable in and could fit in my schedule

i'm a late-in-life college student doing 18 credits this quarter 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Susan O.
on 2/1/10 4:57 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
 Hi Karrie! 
   Are you doing just an online group, or a local support group also?  I don't know why my group didn't show up on your search, but Thru Thick N' Thin meets the 4th Monday from 5:30-7:30 pm at the Summit branch of the Pierce County library (off Hwy 512) . We have people with all surgery types and from all different doctors. We would love to have you join the fun!
  The online portion of my group hasn't really taken off, most people just talk on the WA board. We also have a page on Facebook! Just search Thru Thick Thin and it should pop up. 
  There are two gals just finishing their leader training  who will be forming a support group soon in the Olympia area, so all you "way southies" keep an eye out.
   There are also local support groups at VitaLady in Puyallup, and one in Gig Harbor for anyone else looking. 

Follow the link by my signature for more info on Thru Thick N' Thin.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active