Regence through Boeing??

StillTammy
on 2/5/10 1:50 am, edited 2/5/10 1:52 am - Langley, WA
I'm working on getting a revision through Boeing Regence Traditional right now and jumping through my hoops.  Basically, my RNY staple line has disrupted (non-transected) and my pouch was not made small enough (original surgery in 2002) so for lack of a better description, I need repairs.  (Dr Peter Billing in Edmonds) They are working on my insurance approvals now but they don't forsee any problems.  I'll have to pay for my psych eval but I expected that.  I'm doing my nutritional 6mo thing through a Dietician's office my surgeon works with and they have me on an ultra-low carb thing

Hopfully, I'm looking at a late July, early August surgery and I'll be back with the loosers.  If anyone has any experience with Boeing Traditional and revision surgery, please send a note my way.  Particularly if you were able to bypass the 6mo supervised diet thing.

T
   Tammy Lee 

Mrs-stick
on 2/5/10 12:10 pm - Orting, WA
Wow Tammy,
That hopefully is a very rare thing. Your time line is about the same time as yours. So maybe we can walk together. Did you have any other problems when you had your first surgery? Will they do the same surgery this time? ~Diane
StillTammy
on 2/6/10 2:32 am - Langley, WA

I'm told that the the staple line disruption on non-transected stomachs is not as rare as you would think.  Over the years, they've found that when you transect the tummy, the scar tissue grows over the staple line making it stronger and very unlikely to come apart.   It's also unclear whether the pouch was left to large in the first place or whether I stretched it out.  Suppose I could have a great match of words with my surgeon regarding that ;-)  Anyhow, from what I've heard, my insurance company will look at it as an initial surgery so I jump through all the hoops that everyone else does to appease the insurance company.  That's what I'm expecting but I can always hope for the best, right?

Anyhow, that's my story and until late July, I stick to my low carb, go in and test for my sleep apnea and follow my Dr and Dieticians orders for the next six months.  I've waited longer for less.

T

Tammy Lee 

Mrs-stick
on 2/7/10 2:19 pm - Orting, WA
Hi Tammy
It makes sense that it would heal better the new way it's just very bad that it happened to you. I am just starting myself so I need to learn all the lingo. Did you have too much trouble with first surgery? are you at all frightened? I don't really have much worry as I have had so many  surgery in the last two years. And in November I had my tonsils and adenoids removed and I don't think anything is worse than that. I would rather have an all day root cannel than have to go through that again. Ok one more question well maybe two. When I called Boeing Regence the lady told me 9 months. Although when I first went to see the surgeon he also said 6 months. What is your take on this as it is Regence traditional? Do you or your spouse work for Boeing? One more and I will stop bothering you. Where is Langly? ~ Diane
Most Active