Regence through Boeing??

Mrs-stick
on 1/25/10 1:38 pm - Orting, WA
Hi there, It is my hubby that works there. He is in the Renton plant.  am just starting this month and was told by Regence that I have to do the Nine month Dr and dietitian.  Seems like a very Long time but I will do it. If you have any hints or tips on working with them that  would be so very much appreciated. Were they hard to work with? And eve more than all that....How are you? Are you doing well with all of this? I would love to hear everything! This is one of those things you feel kinda lonely doing. ~Diane
KarrieMassotti
on 1/26/10 9:56 am - Kent, WA
I haven't had surgey yet.  I will have it in about 5 weeks.  Getting excited though.

Just be sure he is really clear with his primary doctor of what he is trying to doand get thier support through this.    Be sure the office knows the purpose of the appoinement is for that purpose only and be sure they weigh him all along the way at each visit. 

Is he hourly?  I am non-union so I didn't have to do the nutritionist thing, his may be a little different even though both Boeing Trad insurance.  

It was really pretty painless.    Dr. Oh is the surgen I am using and his office knew exactly what to fill out for paperwork and send it in.   Actually my primary doctor tried to submit it and the insurance actually called me saying it would probally be rejected and suggesting I have the bariatric surgen submit it instead becasue they are experts in that and so I did just that and got approved right away. 

Mrs-stick
on 1/26/10 11:56 am - Orting, WA
Hi Kerri,
Wow how very exciting!! Do you have anyone to take care of you?How many Dr visits did you have to have. My huddy is with SPEEA union. So I have to have the dietitian appts. I called Regence they were very nice. Also they have answered some questions on line. My Dr is Dr Alperovich, I would really love if you could tell me any hints or tips you did. Thank you soooo much Kerri
KarrieMassotti
on 1/26/10 1:02 pm - Kent, WA
I have seen my bariatric surgon 3 times.  Initial consult, some testing and follow-up to those initial tests. 

I will have my final visit with him about a week before surgery.

As for my primary.  I had the three appoinments that Regence required.  First one we recorded my weight and discussed the surgery.  Then I did a simiar appointment at 3 months and again at 6 months.

Most important thing is to make sure they record weight, record that they are overseeign your weightloss plan and exercise plan and list any issues he has due to the weight all in your chart.  You will have to submit his medical charts to regence for the approval so they need to be detailed showing the weight loss appointments.

His surgen should also have some reccomendations.  Be sure to follow those to the letter, they know how to be successful, they know the tricks.  For example, go to the Pysciatrist they reccomend even if he already has another person he sees for counsel.  Surgens ususally have ones they know will do thier job but also help the patient with approval. Experience counts here.

I have a link to my blog that I keep elsewhere on my profile.  go there and read. I have tried to blog about my entire process from day one even before I was sure I was going to have the surgery.   There may be some tips in there too that I am not remembering.

Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

Debbie D.
on 1/27/10 9:06 am - Chelan, WA
Wow...as I read through all of this, it sounds so much like what I have to follow with medicaid.  But it is 6 months with the pcp and dietitian instead of 9.  I have what all Medicaid requirements are at the bottom of my profile.

I am supportive and am glad we made some new friends here.  My step-father worked for Boeing and retired by the way.  Worked there for many years in Renton.

Oh, I met Dr. Lauter in Bellevue a few years ago when my family and I met and visited a friend from OH who had her surgery with him.  Seemed to be a very nice man.  It was nice to met a friend from here, her daughter...and even her doctor that so many people on her have gone to!

Let me know how today went for you in a email.  Thinking of you and hope it all went good for you!!!

Hugs,

Debbie

Mrs-stick
on 1/27/10 12:42 pm - Orting, WA
Debbie,
I feel so much for you and admire you. This has been a long trip for you. And I am sure sometimes it seems out of grasp. But you just keep jumping through those hoops! I will support you in any way I can!  I am so very sorry you have to go through this mess because of your medical insurance.
Debbie D.
on 1/31/10 4:41 pm - Chelan, WA
Thank you so much for your support.  It means more to me than you may really know.  I greatly appreaciate your kind words and emails! 

I will be there for you in return...

Mrs-stick
on 1/27/10 12:33 pm - Orting, WA
This is very great information!! Did you call regence and ask how many visets you would have to have with your DR and Diatition? Or did your surgen tell you? My surgen told me what you did but than when I called Regence they said 9 months. Is this just something the ins says but the Dr know how to get around?
KarrieMassotti
on 1/27/10 1:12 pm - Kent, WA
I asked my insurance company to make sure that I was following thier guidelines.    Just be sure to use your doctor for final paperwork becasue they will know how to make the case that it is medically necessary and not cosmetic only.
Discount code for OH Conference MassottiWA11
OH Support group leader.  Check out our group: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

Mrs-stick
on 1/27/10 2:22 pm - Orting, WA
Nice that they upped the time so much, Thank you so much for the pointers. Had my first Dr weigh in today and dietitian of Friday. That means only 8 months Woot woot!
Most Active