Dr. Alperovich, Thien Nguyen & Jeffrey Hunter patients HELP ME OUT!!!!

millikan01
on 1/21/10 8:02 am

Sooo..I am finding that it is EXTREMELY hard to find a surgeon here for post op care, because most doctors here have liability insurance that wont allow them to treat anyone who they didnt operate on.  Okay, that SUCKS!

So, I called to try and see Dr. Chebli - was denied. Same with Dr. Srikanth.  Saw Dr. Lauter and thought he was a joke - won't be going back to him.

FINALLY got Dr. Alperovich to see me next week, and I made appointments to see Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Jeffrey Hunter as well - just because I don't know which one I will like.  Today was the jackpot day because I found THREE surgeons who will see me post op, and who can possibly help with my vitamin absorption issues.

Any of you who are patients of Dr. Alperovich, Dr. Thien Nguyen, or Dr. Jeffrey Hunter?  Give me your thoughts.   Any of you had any vitamin absorption problems or LONG (3mth) stalls, but you know your pouch is still intact because you cant finish a kids meal still? I NEED YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE!!!

THANKS!!!

RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

Helen_Anne
on 1/22/10 1:19 pm - Bremerton, WA
I LOVE Dr Hunter... he is kind, knowlegible, great staff, great support groups (ok so I am a little bias).  You can read my husband and my experience with Dr Hunter on my OH page.  If you look up Dr Hunter on OH and read the comments from his patients... you will see that most patients comment on his kindness.

I had a vit D and A issue... but its cleared up now... I took Vit D capsiles... and Bariatric Advantage with A E K D (or something this).

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

millikan01
on 1/23/10 7:50 am
Helen, you're a doll!  Thanks so much, I'll check your page ASAP!  =)
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

Pam M.
on 1/25/10 9:10 am - WA
I think Dr. Lauter is top notch, why did you think he was a "joke?" He is highly respected and skilled in laparoscopic surgery. As a matter of fact, Dr. Alperovich did my original lap band, and when 'valley closed their bariatric center 3 weeks after my surgery, I found Dr. Lauter. Wish I had gone to him originally.

To each his own, I guess.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Most Active