I'm in the Jan/feb OH magazine

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 2:52 pm - Buckley, WA
I know you used to be on my friends list & I didn't delete you . I don't know what happened . I know what you mean about your Grandpa . My Dad passed away when I was at my heaviest . I just have to believe he is happy about it now . My Mom , who passed away in April got to see my weight loss . She was my biggest cheerleader . I'm glad you're sticking it out . I'm sure it will help others to see the path you've gone down . And that persistance pays off .  Kathy

Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 3:01 pm - Chelan, WA
Ya, I know we were on each others friends list as well.  I believe I have lost some and I never have deleted any.  Don't know why either.

Sorry to hear about your parents.  I believe they watch over us and know.  At least your mom was here to see and you two were able to share your sucess together.

Thanks for your support.  Everyone needs support.  I love that about OH.  I sent you a friend request.  Take care and stay in touch.  I will do the same.  Email anytime too from my profile.  Good night Kathy.

Hugs,

Deb 
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/26/10 9:57 am - Buckley, WA
Debbie , I have some unconventional beliefs about people we have lost . They were aquired out of odd experiences I have at times . The morning my Mom passed away I was on my way home @ 3:30 am , going uphill on the highway . Ay 3:30am a white bird flew over my car swooping close to my car . It wasn't a coincidence . They still love us & watch over us . We feel so lost because we can't reach out physically , or call them on the telephone . I'm glad that in the last months of my Moms life I was able to tell her many times how much I loved her . She knew it lready , but it's nice to hear . I didn't get that with my Dad , who passed suddenly . Bu, he knew I loved him dearly . I'm confident in that knowledge . It's good to have contact with you again . Kathy

Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 10:40 am - Chelan, WA
Wow Kathy...funny thing happened to us after my Grandpa passed during his visit to Vegas.  My Aunt and Uncle lives there and after he had passed, a bird would come everyday and sit in this tree for most of the day looking in the big window to their living room at us.  We all felt that bird had something to do with my Grandpa.  That bird would sit there for hours everyday looking in at us.  It was something else!  

Butterflies are another thing too!

I too am glad to be in contact with you.  Did you see my other post on the board from today?  WLS - Any Regrets or No Regrets?

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/26/10 11:47 am - Buckley, WA

I haven't really been on OH , today ,  except to correspond with you .

I have a friend who always sees birds when loved ones pass . The day my Mom passed , when I drove up , my Hyacinth were blooming & were so fragrant . At 3:30 am . & when my uncle dove in his driveway , in packwood , the Trilliums that my Mom gave him were in full bloom . My Mom was really into gardening , so it was appropriate that these flowers were blooming . I don't remember anything weird when my Dad passed , except he was always talking to me in my dreams . He is still in a lot of my dreams & it's been almost 12 years ..

Most Active