I'm in the Jan/feb OH magazine

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/18/10 7:19 am - Buckley, WA
Oh magazine has a new feature called "Across the Art directors desk" . It has 9 photo's , the persons name , WLS type , date of WLS , & weight lost . My picture & info are in the Jan/Feb issue . Mine says 115 pounds lost , but should say 150 pounds lost . They are supposed to print a correction in the next issue . The editor was very apologetic about the error . Kind of exciting for me   .

Nicki H.
on 1/18/10 8:58 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
How exciting!  Congrats!!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

PinkFlamingoes
on 1/18/10 12:56 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Nicki .

Dapme
on 1/23/10 9:18 am - kingwood, TX
Well Done Kathy...

I will have to check it out!

Denise
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 1:33 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Denise .

Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 10:01 am - Chelan, WA
Hi Kathy,

Good for you!!!  Way to go!!!  I have to give you a big applause because I remember you awhile back before you had surgery.  I haven't been on here for a long while and I am back and am amazed at you!  You had you surgery and look at you now girl!!!  You look wonderful!!!  This is WAY exciting for you. 

Do you remember me by chance?  It has been a long time.  You became my friend a few years back.  Before you became PinkFlamingos even!  You know, I wouldn't have even recognized you if it wasn't for the PinkFlamingos name.  LOL. 
Congratulations Kathy.  I am so very proud of you!!!  

Hugs,

Debbie
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 1:41 pm - Buckley, WA

Thanks Debbie . Wasn't your old avatar kind of a female indian  ? And your Grandpa passed away in Las Vegas ? And didn't you have a really supportive boyfriend & two or three kids ? If some or all of that isn't you i'm sorry . I suck at recall sometimes . I do remember you though  . I'm sure . I just may need reminding . lol .

Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 1:56 pm - Chelan, WA
That's me!!!  And two girls with sorta 3 step sons.  Thanks for remembering. 

I stepped out of the scene for awhile on OH.  It was hard to see everyone getting their surgeries while I could only dream of it and not get anywhere.  Then receive denial letters.  I just wasn't getting anywhere and was just down about it but I didn't give up.  I now want to show others to not give up and that you must stick to it.  I remember chatting with people on here and them giving up because of the tough battle with the state.  If I can just help others to not give up, it helps me to also keep going as well.

I am so happy for you and your sucess with your surgery and weight loss.  You look great!  I bet you feel awesome!  I remember your before picture you use to have on here.  You just look great.  I can't tell you enough.  What a great story.  How do you get this OH magazine?

Deb
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/25/10 2:08 pm - Buckley, WA

I guess my memory isn't that bad after all . lol . I'm glad you haven't given up . I was lucky , even though my insurance wouldn't pay (they do now) , I was able to take out a home equity loan . Hopefully I will be able to pay it off after I sell my Moms house .

I believe they are advertising a special on OH magazine subscriptions for $9.95 . I appreciate your support & kind words . I do feel a lot better . I do need knee surgery , which is a bummer . But , at least it's not surgery for an illness or something like that .

Are you still pursuing surgery ? I'm so glad you didn't just give up . It's disheartening when you see others achieving what you really want . I don't know why insurance companies don't see that in the long run they would be better off paying for WLS . Kathy

Debbie D.
on 1/25/10 2:29 pm - Chelan, WA
I just made a comment on one of your pictures a few minutes ago...LOL!  I believe you are still on my friend list.  I will have remember to look.  Funny, because I didn't see that I was on yours, but I thought you were on mine.  You would think we would be on both.  But like I said, I will have to look on mine.

Yes, I am still trying to get surgery.  You can view my whole long story about it on my profile.  It has been a very long process for me but progress is finally being made. 

I have lost 63 lbs on my own.  Trying to show the state, doctors, etc. that I can do this.  I have yo-yo-ed a bit here and there but for the most part have done farely well.  I have had to show that I can make a change to be able to handle changes that need to be made with the surgery.  I can do this.  I want this.  I need this.  I don't want the diabetes that runs in my family.  It has made it harder for me since I don't have it to get the approval I need for the first stage with having medicaid.  I had to appeal their denial.  I have a advocate helping me now.  I have also had to take so much in my own hands to get this process going in the right direction.  It has been very difficult.  Ya know, my poor Grandpa had always wanted to see me get this weight off.  He was hoping to live to see that day.  It is too bad that insurance companies have to make it so difficult for people.  I have seen in the past on here people dying as they have waited to be approved for surgery.  It shouldn't have to be like that.  I wish I was smart enough and had the power to change that.  It is just wrong.  I pray that it can be better someday.

I have recently done two post on here trying to put my story with medicaid on here to try and help support others and maybe help them with what I have been through.  I hope it helps.  It is hard to do this and not know what or how.  

Debbie 
Most Active