CASH LABS

juicyprincess
on 1/19/10 5:41 am - Tacoma, WA
I am without insurance and am about to have my labs drawn. I called the Franciscan lab (paclab) and they quoted me at $879. anyone know if there is a cheaper place to get all our labs if you pay cash? I hate to bite this bullet and THEN find out i could have saved a few bucks somewhere else...The md visit alone is between 15-175..i know, poor me..hehe
Hope all my peeps is well, sorry not on much...i swear once you are post op life goes into overdrive and you never sit on your butt again!
xoxoxo

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Helen_Anne
on 1/20/10 12:47 am - Bremerton, WA

I know there are clinics that give a discount if a patient is paying cash... did you tell the lab that you going to pay cash.

Since there is usually a difference from what a Clinic/Lab will bill out and what they get reimbursed from an insurance company.... they will give the cash patients a price break.

I just checked... Virginia Mason Medical Center does give a 20% discount to uninsured patients, but you would have to check with Patient Finanial Services to see if Lab Tests for post WLS surgery patients is on the list of designated services available.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Susan O.
on 1/20/10 7:52 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hey Girl! 
  I've missed seeing you!! Hope your classes are going well and you will soon be enjoying your new career.(and getting insurance!) I do hope you have talked to a broker and at least have major medical coverage. Costs a lot less, but covers those BIG bills if there is an accident.
  Regarding the labs, I would call a community health clinic and ask them for a cash quote.  You should be eligible to use them with no ins. & going to school.  Also, check with your Dr. as to which labs are necessary at what intervals. Some can be done once a year if all is well. 
   Hope to see you soon! Meeting next Monday - 25th!
Hugs!!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

juicyprincess
on 1/20/10 2:37 pm - Tacoma, WA
hey, miss u all too! i wont be there for 4 more weeks (done feb 19). bad news, jobs in massage dont usually offer medical insurance, good news once i have an income again, i can afford to at least TRY to buy some. so broke have NADA right now.
asked srikanth and they wanted them all. i will call community health, thanks for the tip..when is the feb meeting?

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Susan O.
on 1/24/10 6:45 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Feb 22 - so you should be all done and ready to come see us! Good luck with the labs! Hugs!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active