on 1/18/10 1:10 pm - Bremerton, WA
Thank you Queenie...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

VickiStevens
on 1/18/10 1:57 pm - Tacoma, WA
Helen,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I, unfurtunately, can relate to your story.  My brother was diagnosed with lung cancer in October 08 - he passed away June 5, 2009.  Additionally, my Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 08 - she passed away October 29, 2009.

Cancer is a horrible disease and there is no greater pain than watching your loved one die from this horrible illness.  Please take comfort in the fact that you did everything that you could.  Even when "everything" meant being with your Mom and allowing her to pass away with the least amount of pain possible.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
thisbe777
on 1/18/10 9:27 pm
i'm so sorry for your loss - i know your mom is watching and still cheering for you!

be well

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Cynthia H.
on 1/19/10 3:46 am - Renton, WA
Helen,
So sorry to hear about your mom.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cindy  

curiousasacat
on 1/21/10 12:45 pm - WA
You're in my thoughts and prayers, Helen. You're my angel, Helen, and best i can do....  (((((((Helen))))))) Hang in there. Hugs, Kelly
Debbie D.
on 1/27/10 9:56 am - Chelan, WA
I am really sorry to hear about your Mom.  I wish they would find a cure for cancer.  Currently my honey is faced with prostate cancer.  He has a gleason 7 which means his cancer cells are agressive.  The good news is that his CT scan and bone scan have both come out clear.  His prostate surgery was suppose to be on Jan 25th.  The urologist changed it to Feb 15th now because he wants to do a Robotic Prostate Cancer Sugery instead.  Dan went through further test and was given the okay to do the surgery.  I guess it effects the lungs more and he does have sleep apnea too and even diabetes.  He has a older machine and has been using a auto machine the last few nights testing his settings.  Our daughters have been sadden with this news and we are doing are best to not let them worry.  Dan has 3 older sons who are very concerned as well.  Dan will always have to go through test for the rest of his life to make sure cancer has not return.

A few years okay, I turned to this board for prayers for my Grandpa whe he had fallen on a visit to Las Vegas.  I got so much support from people, it helped me to be stronger.  The prayers meant so much.  He knew too that so many all over were praying for him.  It meant a great deal to him to how much people cared out there.

Grandpa hung on for almost a month.  He kept seeing the light.  I had to tell him that it wasn't the lights in the room that he wanted off.  It was the light.  He didn't want to let go of my Nana (grandma).  It was time for my Grandpa to go home and he finally did on Aug 28, 2006.  I will cherish the memories I had with him like you will with you mom.

I believe we all will be reunited again when we are done here and go home.  Your mom sees you.  It is just different now.  Losing a love one is so hard.  In the meantime, don't you give up!  Like you said, your mom was VERY proud of your weight loss.  If you feel like going back to your old ways, you just pick yourself back up and go for a walk.  Turn to someone for support.  You fight back and don't let that get to you.  YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS.  And I will pray for you and be here for you!

Hug, hugs and more hugs!

Debbie   
Most Active