Can I go to MAMC

Diamonds-r-4ever
on 1/16/10 1:55 am - Winlock, WA
Hi to all, I am new to this board. I had my surgery in Arizona last of April. I have lost 85#. WE now live in Winlock and I am a wife of Retired Army. Can I go to Madigan since the only Surgeon I know of is in Auburn? I need to have my blood levels done and I think I may have stretched my pouch. I have been at the same weight since October. I know you have stalls but for 3and a half months.
There are not any support groups in this area. Can any one give  me info on this? Thanks for reading.

Wanda T

netta
on 1/17/10 3:00 pm
Hi Wanda,only military related people can go to Madigan,,If you can get on base,,there is a great support group at Ft Lewis, we meet every thursday at the ACS ( army community services) on Liggett Ave,,down the street from the bowling alley,thursdays  from 5-7 pm,no one is being paid to be there ,it is sponsered with peopl elike you that have had the surgeries or are in the process of it,,we want to help each other thru the process,we have clothing exchanges and potlucks too,you support person is welcomed to come also,no minors though, please come
if you contact me by email, I will give you my phone number for further info
Hope this helps

REDD

angi1524
on 1/19/10 1:48 am

Hi Wanda!

If you are still covered under Tricare you should contact them to see if you can see a doctor here at MAMC. I had surgery in May and I have also stalled for a month so far. I know the reason is because I have not made the right food choices and stopped exercising. But if you really think that you stretched your pouch you should speak to someone. The support groups are wonderful here on post. I would really try to go to one. Take care!

Angie

Most Active