Olympia GHC Support Group

jlph62
on 1/17/10 2:57 am - Olympia, WA
Hi
I am finally going to have surgery on February 1st.  This will be the 3rd time I have been scheduled.  I was wondering how many people are at the group health support group in Olympia and if it is a good group.  I haven't attended because I have been so up in the air about what was going to happen with my surgery.  thanks for any info.
Joanne
dewy3
on 1/18/10 4:43 am - Rochester, WA
I have been attending the GHC support group in Olympia since last January.  I had my RNY on April 20th.  The GHC group is great.  Cathy the leader has a lot of insight and can help with questions and/or concerns.  I have made some really great friendship there.  Good luck on your surgery on Feb 1st.  Please feel free to email me at [email protected] anytime.

Cherryl

jillianD
on 1/19/10 4:31 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Cherryl,

Is the support group open to anyone or only group health patients?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

jillianD
on 1/19/10 4:30 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I didn't even know there was a support group in Olympia!.  Any kind of support is good I would go. 

Good luck with your surgery!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

dewy3
on 1/19/10 2:09 pm - Rochester, WA
The Group Health support group is only for Group Health members and their support person.  I would love to get a support group going for OH in Olympia.  I just don't know how to get one started.

Cherryl

Kathy P.
on 1/21/10 2:39 pm - Port Orchard, WA

Joanne,

I'm so excited for you! I know this has been a long and stressful process for you, and good for you on not giving up!
As for support groups, I hate to admit, but I have not attended one. GH has one in all areas, my closest is Silverdale, and as said, I haven't been. It seems that other life stuff (kids schedules, etc.) get in the way. I have made a point of scheduling to go to the Feb. meeting though, in celebration of one year.

Please keep me/us posted how you are doing. I think of you often, and pray all goes ewll with your surgery!!!

Hugs to you!
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
OlyParker
on 1/31/10 1:58 am
Hi Joanne,
I had my surgery 11-20-09 and I've lost 45 lbs so far.  I'm in Arizona right now but I'll be at the GHC-Olympia support group in April.  I'd love to meet you and the rest of the group then.   Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.  God bless.

Most Active