Calling ANY Dr. Chebli Patients - HELP ME!!

millikan01
on 1/15/10 7:05 am
SO..I moved to WA and I need to find a surgeon for post op care.  I had a roux en y lap bypass in Sept 08, but now I am having problems with vitamin absorption..not to mention the weight loss has STOPPED.  I REFUSE to give up here because I am technically still obese at this point.  Has anyone had to have a revision with Dr. Chebli or did he do your original surgery? What did you think of him?  I am scared that I may have to have a revision for some reason or another; I am trying to see a good doctor who can help me.  Of course, I am going to have to fax my paperwork to him in order for him to review my surgeon's operative notes and see if he can take me - hopefully he will.  I went to a doctor in Bellevue today and he said 'Well, honestly you may be done losing and this may be it' Umm....I didnt take that too well, and I don't think its true.  I went from 344.4 to currently 216.2, which is great....but I still need to drop at least another 35-40lbs to put me out of the 'dangerous obese' category.  ANY comments on Dr. Chebli (particularly if you are in the same situation with me and he wasn't your original surgeon, or if he did a revision for you) would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

Beebear
on 1/17/10 1:33 am - Seattle, WA
Hi!

My sister just had the gastric sleeve with Dr. Chebil.  She had some huge complications but Dr. Chebil was there every step of the way.  I think he's fantastic and also extremely compassionate.  I would definately give him a try.

Good luck!

Nancy

Everything is alright in the end.  If it's not alright, it's not the end.

- My mom

dznydiva
on 1/20/10 5:32 am
Hi, I can't give you any info yet, but I go to appt on Tuesday with him and will let you know what I think after that.  I won't be having my surgery until April because of ins.

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

dznydiva
on 1/27/10 11:12 am
Okay so we met with Dr. Chebli yesterday and I absolutley loved his staff and his nurse Samantha was awesome.  Dr. Chebli was very informative and did not have any problem taking my information and testing that I had started with another Doctor.  Both my hubby and I were impressed with him.  He was direct with compassion.  Good Luck!!  My surgery will hopefully be April 12th if all goes well with the insurance.

A dream is a wish your heart makes!   DznyDiva
HW 244/SW224/CW164/GW150

Most Active