Update

curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:46 am - WA
Okay, gonna be quick... I'm back in college after 15 years' of absense. I survived the first week of college. I'm online more because my classes require me to! Go figure.

Need to balance being online and offline (mental note to self!) Doing well, so far, so good.

Went to a F2F support group (Thru Thick and Thin)(It was great support!) last week (in Puyallup, I think, was far, anyways!).

Hmmm.... since I'm more busy, I realize planning is very important if I want to make sure I don't go hungry, thirsty, or forget my vitamins... (I was so busy that I thought I forgot my IRON for a whole week, but it was only 1 day that I missed...whew...) 

Exercise? I don't have to worry as one of my classes is a Total Fitness class (if I flunk... then I know I'm not exercising!), plus I'm running to the bus stop, running from the bus stop to home ('cuz of the RAIN! (oy!) ) or biking to and from school.

My relationships with family and friends have improved  so dramatically now that I'm not being a reculse due to my obesity(with shame. embarrassment, and lack of right size clothing (ugh)) Plus, I'm making new friends in college. That's an absolute thrill.

No more hiding  ......  Self-esteem is up, all the good things is on track... What more can I say? Kelly
LisaAnn
on 1/9/10 6:28 am - WA
What an amazing success story! Living life is the best success there is!

Congrats on going back to school. I did the same, a few years back, and am getting finished up on my bachelors in Accounting / Business, and just decided (with the help of my advisor) to add a Criminal Justice degree in there too! Most of my courses can be done online as well, and I love, love, love it!!!! You will too, I am sure!

Well, just wanted to congratulate you !!!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 6:48 am - WA
Wow, you are doing great as well!  Thanks, LisaAnn for your reply.

Kelly
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/9/10 11:20 am - Buckley, WA
Good for you Kelly . I'm glad everything is going so well 

Most Active