Xpost Excessive skin(how much is too much) Plastic surgery?

curiousasacat
on 1/10/10 7:44 am - WA
I had RNY July 2008... I've already reached my goal weight.. However, I can grab MORE than 2 handfuls (with two hands!) of "skin"on each side of my thighs and my stomach.   My surgeon (she said before surgery) said that my skin should bounce back... well what if they don't... (it's been 17 months).

I don't see that happening on my belly with that much skin... nor my thighs... When I'm laying flat or doing yoga stuff (when moving my body upside down) or other activities -- they really hang out, if I'm wearing a swimsuit, shorts, or whatever...  (and my breasts (if not wearing a bra) .... they are like ... well  like someone who hadn't been wearing a bra all their lives, like those African natives (no offense, just trying to describe without being too graphic)

Uhmm... when I wear clothes--no one can tell.. but as I'm married... it's kind of embarrassing...doing the "marriage life" activities....

At what point do I need to think about plastic surgery? and when?

Any tips or inputs or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly
Rose-7
on 1/10/10 2:03 pm
Kelly, I think the answer is that you have to decided when too much skin is too much and you feel uncomfortable in it.  You can go see a plastic surgeon or two and get ideas on what they can do for you.  These consults are free.  I have had 3 surgeries to fix Breasts, arms, full circ. and legs. My Dr is the best!  The next thing is to decided what really bothers you.  I think for most of us it is tummy and breasts.
curiousasacat
on 1/11/10 6:35 am - WA
Thanks---I had several replies in the RNY forum and the Main forum --- it's a real eye-opener.  Kelly
VickiStevens
on 1/18/10 2:07 pm - Tacoma, WA
The decision is totally up to you Kelly.  That said, I can tell you that I have "good skin" and I still needed a tummy tuck.  I got the tummy tuck about three years ago, which was four years post-op.  And, I am scheduled for a thigh lift this Wednesday. 

Whether or not to have the skin removed is a very personal choice.  If you are at goal and have been there for at least 6-12 months and you are unhappy with your loose skin, consult a plastic surgeon.  You can talk to him/her and then make an informed decision on what is right for you.

Good luck!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
curiousasacat
on 1/18/10 11:09 pm - WA
thanks appreciate your reponse...  Kelly
Most Active