X-post 11 Months Today-I'm half the woman I used to be!

Kathy P.
on 1/9/10 2:30 am - Port Orchard, WA
Well, today, January 9th, I am half the woman I used to be. I've lost over half of my high weight, and 89.25% of my excess body weight. Basically, 19.5 lbs. to go to goal!

The time span between November to December was incredibly slow, December to January, a bit better... I increased calories to around 1000 to 1100 per day. Cardio three to four times per week with a few weight sessions added in (usually 15 minute sessions after a half hour cardio workout). I've increased my running/jogging/walking/crawling outings. Mapped a 1.7 mile route and a 5k route starting from my home.

Now that I am soooo close to goal, I know the loss will continue to be slow. I'm okay with that. I am still not "doing" pasta, white bread, rices. My protein intake is around 110 grams per day. I love my fruits and veggies. Red meat still doesn't sit well...but pork, lamb, chicken, seafood...yummers!

GOALS FOR 2010:  Improve my 5k time; run at least on 10k; negotiate a way to get my "panni" and possibly thighs "taken care of...." *saying in a Godfather tone of voice*.

I will write more later on my blog. I've neglected it over the past several months. Lots going on.

Hope you are all doing well, and that your New Year got off to a fabulous start. 

Big New Year kisses to ya!
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:23 am - WA
Congrats on your progress.   Half the woman .... in inches, yup  but you are still the same woman. Just like me. Happy New Year XOXO to ya too, Kathy.  (Very cute on the Godfather tone,  "point taken care of...")  LOL  I'll post an update on a new post. Kelly
LisaAnn
on 1/9/10 6:29 am - WA
Congratulations!!!!!! Well done!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active