Does anyone know a good surgeon in Renton/Seattle/Bellevue area?

millikan01
on 1/6/10 2:12 am
Hi! I had surgery a year ago in Alabama..and now I need to find a surgeon here for regular appointments and care.  Does anyone know of a good surgeon in the Renton/Seattle/Bellevue area that I should try out?

Thanks!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

curiousasacat
on 1/6/10 4:25 am - WA
I believe you can find out by clicking on the tab "Find a Surgeon" which is on the same line as
Forum Home / Message Board /  Recent Posts / Chat / Member List / Find a surgeon / Help

which is right below the "Welcome to the Washington Forum"  It all depends on your insurance coverage as well. I hope that tab will give you all that info as well.  I know Virginia Mason, University of Washington (both in Seattle), Overlake (Bellevue), I don't know about Valley Medical Center (in Renton)-I recall last year or so that their program closed--I'm not sure if it's true right now--Washington peeps--please correct me if I'm wrong or any new additional information that I am not aware of.

Kelly
thisbe777
on 1/7/10 1:02 am
st francis in federal way has a great program and great docs (but i'm kinda biased.....) 

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

charlesh
on 1/7/10 11:56 am - Vancouver, WA
Dr David Lauter in Belluvue he is great he did my surgery on Dec 15th and he has been just awesome. I went around and visited many doctors and no one compares to him.

9 weeks out
Pam M.
on 1/8/10 10:06 am - WA
He's the best, isn't he? I had my surgery in May of 2009, and was down nearly 100 pounds after 7 months. I really like Dr. Lauter.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

SeattleBiggie
on 1/8/10 9:27 am
Hi Millikan, I cant recommend my surgeon enough. He does treat patients who have had proceedures by other doctors. He brilliant, compassionate, professional, expert, Harvard educated, and a really nice guy. I couldn't be happier with him as my surgeon. (He's also the head of Overlake Hospital's Bariatric Clinic in Bellevue.).  Good luck, Kathy Lake

Thien Nguyen, MD http://www.overlakehospital.org/programs.aspx?id=1498
Pam M.
on 1/8/10 10:04 am, edited 1/8/10 10:08 am - WA
Dr. Lauter is my surgeon, and I love love love him! He is the best! And, he has a great bedside manner (unlike some certain doctors I've read about in Federal Way) Just sayin'. He also does not put people on crazy pre-op diets. Seriously, I ate a bacon cheeseburger, large onion rings, and Sprite 2 days before my surgery. I told him this when I was in recovery and he laughed and said, "That is why you need to refer people to me! I don't put them on crazy diets!" He is a highly skilled and reputable laparoscopic surgeon and I had complete faith in his abilities.

ETA: Dr. Lauter's link:

http://www.laparoscopynw.com/default.html

Dr. Lauter will see patients who had surgery from another doctor, or a doctor in Mexico. Some doctors won't touch you (for liability reasons) if they did not do your surgery. My lap-band was done by a different surgeon, and when I was shopping for a new surgeon, Dr. Lauter is the only one who would see me.

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

millikan01
on 1/9/10 10:18 am
THANKS Y'ALL!! After a few days of reading reviews on Dr. Lauter, my mind was at ease.  I have an appt for lab work and follow up consult with him on this up coming Friday.  I will let you know how it goes!  I am more worried because my weight has been stalled for about 3 months and my last vitamin labs came back abnormal.  Time to drop the rest of these pounds and hit goal!  Thanks so much for your thoughtful replies.
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

curiousasacat
on 1/9/10 5:29 am - WA
If you are this far out, you can just go to your PCP and make sure your PCP check your nutrional profile on your Magnesium, B-12, Iron, and all the works... It may not be necessary to see a surgeon for the little stuff....  but it might be wise to have one as a back up if anything goes wrong-relating to your WLS. Try asking the main forum or the forum specialized of your WLS (if RNY, go there) Kelly
Most Active