One year ago today... *pix*

jcheryld
on 12/30/09 2:27 pm
One year ago today, I had weight loss surgery (RNY) that changed my life as I knew it. I decided that 6 months prior to surgery, at a high of 322lbs, that I had to do something drastic to battle my lifelong weight issue. As of today, I have surpassed my goal and lost 148lbs! That is just ridiculous to me! I'm so glad I made the choice to take my life back. Top 14 WOW moments of 2009:
1. Running for more than a couple minutes at a time
2. Shopping in "normal" size stores and sections
3. Becoming a yoga instructor
4. Not break into a sweat doing normal activities
5. Zipline in Hawaii
6. Wear a bikini
7. Wear single digit size clothing
8. Feel comfortable in my gym locker room in just a towel
9. Do a modified yoga headstand
10. Have people not recognize me when they see me
11. Receive daily compliments on my success
12. Having my surgeon tell me not to lose anymore weight
13. Training for a triathlon
14. Sitting comfortably in an airplane seat

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me in my journey, gave me guidance and advice when needed, and given me feedback on clothes! You all have been great... cheers to 2010!

Before:

IMG_0436-1-1.jpg picture by jcheryld and after: 011-1.jpg picture by jcheryld
For anyone pre-op or contemplating this journey for themselves... take the leap! It IS your chance at life again!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

rushour
on 12/30/09 11:32 pm - Detroit, MI
Congrats to you lady, 2010 will be the year for me. I need to lose 100lbs but with self-determination and support I know I can do...Happy New Year to the new you.
jillianD
on 12/30/09 11:57 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You are amazing!  Happy New Year!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

MacawMother
on 12/31/09 7:01 am
Yahooo baby!  Absolutely fabulous!  

p.s. My mother-in-law lives on American Lake in Lakewood. 
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
PinkFlamingoes
on 12/31/09 9:53 am - Buckley, WA
You look fantastic ! I so want to zipline in Hawaii . It looks like a blast .

LisaAnn
on 12/31/09 11:56 am - WA

WOW, you are beautiful!!!! Both before and AFTER!!!!! Congratulations on your outstanding success!!!!!! 

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Megan_1984
on 12/31/09 12:04 pm
Great job! You look so happy!! Those are some pretty great wow moments!!
~ Megan

Nicki H.
on 1/1/10 2:20 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
WOW!!!  You look amazing!  Look at those nice legs:)  I'm a leg girl no matter who ya are:)  Esp the calves.....

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

KARA_TOP
on 1/2/10 2:45 am - richland, WA
HOT-HOT-HOT!!  You are an inspiration!!

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
curiousasacat
on 1/2/10 9:43 am - WA
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! .... #12....the surgeon told you to stop..... ooooOOOOoooo.....not sure how to ask you this question... were you losing weight too fast or just that you were so ambitious to meet your goal?  Did the nutrionist tell you to increase the calorie intake since you're more muscular ? (mine had to tell me that because I was lower than my desirable fat mass percentage) and Of course, you must have gained some weight because of the muscle? Well, I think, at this point, it's not how much we weigh now, it's the percentage of fat mass we have.... I was contemplating about a triathlon for 2010, but now I'm just commuting on my bike to school, starting next Monday...   and yes, I agree -- take the leap--it's our chance at life again!

Kelly
Most Active