Rosie's One of Us!!

Judy O.
on 12/15/09 10:09 am - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
Rosie's husband called me at 2:30 today to say that Rosie's DS surgery was over and that everything had gone well. She is minus her gall bladder, appendix, 85% of her stomach, and has had her hiatal hernia repaired! What a day!  I know Rosie has talked to several of you in preparation for her surgery, so I thought I'd let you all know everything went fine.  Judy
Udamnskippy
on 12/16/09 6:23 am - Port Orchard, WA
Rest up and repair my fellow SRIKIE !!!  Its gonna be a rough few days....  all will be well. Steve
Steve          
vitalady
on 12/16/09 1:13 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Yay! Tell her hi for me!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Judy O.
on 12/16/09 1:17 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
I will pass all comments on to Rosie. I talked to her today and she is feeling groggy, but very relieved it's all over. The lucky girl gets to go home today.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/17/09 7:03 am
How wonderful she is now on the losers bench!

I'm also glad to hear that Dr S gets rid of those pesky gall bladder and appendix while he's in there. That will likely save her some trouble.
Dapme
on 12/20/09 2:16 am - kingwood, TX
Judy!

That is fantastic!

I did not realize she was having it done so quickly...how did that happen!

I can't wait to see you gals again!

Happy Holidays....
Denise
Kathy H.
on 12/22/09 1:01 pm - Kent, WA
This is fantastic news, Judy!! When she's feeling better, I'm going to kick her butt for not calling!

Keep us updated, please!

And give her a gentle hug for me.

xoxox

Kathy H
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Rosalie W.
on 12/22/09 11:27 pm
Hi Kathy,

You will need to wait a while before you kick my butt; however, you can start practicing. I did find your phone number but it was around midnight and I didn't think you would appreciate a call at that time.

I am feeling better - walking, getting all the vitamins and meds down. Protein started yesterday - I really want real protien instead of the sugary-tasting shakes/pudding. Otherwise, things are going exceptionally well. 

I'll see you at the January support meeting. Again, I appologize for not calling - doctor's visits every day for four weeks prior to surgery, trying to get my grading done; I know, flimsy excuses, but I thought I should come up with something.    :-)  Rosie

Kathy H.
on 12/23/09 1:00 am - Kent, WA
No worries, Rosie!! I was kidding about kicking your butt. :) I'd much rather take a walk with you or give you a hug.

It sounds as if you're doing marvelously well, and that things went very smoothly. I can't wait for you to get beyond this point and to the place where you're really REALLY feeling the difference this surgery makes.

I hope you're feeling well enough to attend the January support group meeting ... I'm excited to see you and hear how you're feeling in person.

xoxo

Kathy H
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Judy O.
on 12/22/09 4:14 pm - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
I'll be sure Rosie gets your message, Kathy.  Hopefully, she'll be at the next DS meeting in Tukwilla and you can give her hell.

One week out, Rosie is doing very well. You all remember that that first month after surgery isn't the best of times, but she isn't having any major complications . . . just all the normal fun things    lol
I have to say I'm very proud of her, and Dr. Srikanth will be too; Rosie is being very compliant with all his instructions.  Her husband, Evan, is being very helpful and accommodating, so that really helps her out. 
Most Active