I can't concentrate at work!

MacawMother
on 12/3/09 5:28 am
My surgery is next week and I just can't seem to focus at work!   I've got today, Friday, and Monday left and I feel like an awful employee!  Does anyone have any suggestions?
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Udamnskippy
on 12/5/09 3:18 am - Port Orchard, WA
Well??  are we ready? I know its sort of sureal for me.Its truly amazing that Im existing and working without actual  food these past 6 days ! Besides eating chewable vitamins like it was pieces of steak.LOL  I do notice the protien drinks do a number on ones breath.WOW!     I have let loose the news to some of my closer co workers so with that alone it will surely travel to all employees.I have come to find out recently that one of our drivers has had WLS done a year ago. I had a hunch when I seen him a few months back because he was loosing alot of weight so Ill be the second in my work place...... Mrs Macaw Ill be thinking of you at the same time Wed morning while Im getting preped...  Steve
Steve          
MacawMother
on 12/5/09 4:05 am
Thanks Steve I am ready!  I just have one more work day left, Monday.

The only issue I have with the protein drinks is the film that it leaves on my teeth!  I could brush after every drink and still have film on my teeth and gums!  

There is another gal in my office that had WLS in 2005.  I started working with her 2006 so I had never seen her pre-op.  I saw a photo of her pre-op the other day and had NO CLUE that's how heavy she was!   Truly amazing!   Another co-worker had her surgery on 11/02 and she's already back to work and doing good.  

Everyone in my office knows and I don't really care.  I've said that from the get go.  My therapist says that if you don't tell people they are going to either figure it out or think that you have cancer or something.  There are a few who have difficulty (or should I say... opinions) with it but for the most part everyone is supportive.

I've been on a pre-op diet for nearly six weeks now.  I do miss food sometimes but it's really amazing how little food we need to survive!  I'm actually enjoying the freedom from food.  I feel like it's not holding me down anymore!  Food had some sort of spell on me and while I'm not fully cured I sure do feel like I'm breaking free from that spell!

I'll be thinking of you too Steve.  You have the advantage of your gender on your side so I'm sure the weight will just melt off you!

See you on the other side!

MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Most Active