Xpost Importance of water.. are you drinking enough?

curiousasacat
on 11/29/09 6:58 am - WA
Importance of water.. are you drinking enough?   We all know tha****er is important but I've never seen it written down like this before. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%. One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 70%, and one is 50 % less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should everyday?

I found this in a Physcial Therapy office above the water fountain. 

Thought I'd pass it on.

Kelly
lizzybear
on 11/29/09 10:58 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks for the reminder.  I've been telling myself since my PS that I haven't been getting in as much water as I did before and need to get back on it!  Of course, before PS I was working out every day and downing the water because I was thirsty all the time.  Now that I've been relaxing on the couch, it's hard to remember to get up and ge****er.  But back to the gym tomorrow, so back to the numerous water bottles!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/17/09 7:12 am
I love this. As someone who has been plagued by kidney stones her entire adult life, it's just a few more reasons to keep up with the water!
Most Active