They rescheduled my surgery!

Megan_1984
on 11/19/09 8:50 am
So I get this call from the surgical clinic today - apparently Madigan decided that for the end of Dec. the specialty clinics are only going to get to use 1 OR room instead of 3 - so what does that mean for me? Yep, they cancelled my surgery and called me this morning to reschedule it. My original date was Dec. 29th with Dr. Martin... the soonest they could get me back in was Jan. 26th!! BOO! I am so bummed. I know it's not the clinics fault, they're just doing what they have to - I'm just so bummed because I was JUST there the other day to schedule it! They offered me the begining of Jan, but I turned it down so I could have surgery before the new year (out with the old and in with the new!). Oh well - I just needed to vent!
~ Megan

LisaAnn
on 11/20/09 7:25 am - WA
I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to postpone something you have been waiting so long for!!! (((HUGS))).

I was to have surgery the 29th too, for hernia repairs, but it turns out I do not have hernias, I have more fluid building up at my incision site that is causing my pain. I go in Wednesday to see if he needs to drain it, but NO HERNIA SURGERY!!! WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

But again, sorry about your delay! No way you can get that beginning of Jan appt. back?? Another thought; let Dr. Martin know that you want to be on the waiting list incase an earlier date becomes available. That is what I did and got a much earlier date.

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Megan_1984
on 11/20/09 8:34 am
That's awesome that you don't have to have surgery!! Hopefully they're able to get you all fixed up so you're not in pain anymore.

How would I let him know that? Just leave him a message? I've heard of people getting in much sooner because of cancelations - I didn't realize that I needed to let him know that though!! Thanks  I don't think I could get that earlier date back since I turned it down the first time. The lady that re-booked me said that she was having to reschedule a lot of people because of the changes. How much notice did you get when you got your earlier date?
~ Megan

LisaAnn
on 11/21/09 7:19 am - WA
Yes, call the surgical department and have them give a msg. to Dr. Martin that you would like to be on the cancellation list. (I told him personally at my consultation), but calling and giving him a msg. should work too.

I cannot remember how much notice I got....I think a few weeks. (If I am not mistaken).

Good luck, I will be crossing my fingers that you get an earlier date!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Megan_1984
on 11/21/09 11:32 am
Thanks Lisa - I'll call first thing on Monday. You've been so helpful, I really appreciate it!!
~ Megan

Most Active