Just moved to Port Orchard - looking for new PCP

Krissipooh
on 11/17/09 5:11 pm - Port Orchard , WA

I am currently looking for a new PCP since moving to Port Orchard (Southworth area) from Bellingham.  Naturally I am looking for someone who is in tune to WLS and the importance of aftercare labs etc.  I would go anywhere in Kitsap Co and even Pierce if necessary.  Thanks for help anyone can give me.

Kris
11/15/04 DS w/Dr. J. Rabkin in SF

Helen_Anne
on 11/19/09 4:13 am - Bremerton, WA
If you are willing to go to Bain Bridge Island... I have some suggestion for you... I live in Bremerton... but my PCP is in Seattle... since I work in Seattle.   My husband had a good experience at the Harrison Hospital Urgent Care Center, but I am not sure if they have primary care providers.

I personally don't like the Doctor's Clinic....  but someone else may have had good experience there.

Sorry I was not too helpful... but welcome to Kitsap County!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Krissipooh
on 11/19/09 5:50 pm - Port Orchard , WA
Thanks so much Helen.  I will let you know if I need your Bainbridge Island doctor's name and will wait to see what other names are given that are possibly closer to me.  I have not had  good experience in years prior with the Doctor's Clinic when I lived in the area but remain open if someone had a high recommendation of somebody.

Thanks for the welcome.  We're still unpacking so living in "cardboard" hell but this too shall pass.  :-D

Kris
Kathy P.
on 11/19/09 4:55 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hello Kris, and welcome to my "neck of the woods". I also live in Port Orchard (less than one mile from the Southworth Ferry).  Like Helen, I've been a bit disappointed with the Dr.'s Clinic,  however my kids and husband were there for years.  Their PCP's both left the Dr.'s Clinic to go into their own small group practice.

What type of insurance do you have? Although the rest of my family has KPS/Blue Cross, I have Group Health, and my Bariatric Surgeon is a GH surgeon in Bellevue.

I'd be more than happy to give you the names of my DD and DH's docs, just send me a pm...so I'm  not pushing their names on a public forum.

Again, welcome to the neighborhood, and I look forward to hearing from ya!

Hugs,
Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Krissipooh
on 11/19/09 6:02 pm - Port Orchard , WA

Hi Kathy,

I have Aetna PPO which is pretty good especially for in-network doctors.  I will definitely PM you for the info you have (think I can figure out how to do that!)

FYI - I am literally about 10 houses away from the Southworth Ferry terminal and on the water.  Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming for the 6 weeks or so it has been since moving here.

Thanks for the welcome and stay tuned - will PM you.

Hugs,
Kris 

nicola542
on 2/22/10 5:16 pm - Bremerton, WA
 Wow, I am not to far from you all either, right off from Jackson from Sedgwick.

Anyway, my input, is the Dr.'s above the Urgent Care in the Harrison Annex here in Port Orchard are GREAT! I have been going there since the PCP's have opened up, and my Dr actually recommended me getting the lapband. They take all kinds of insurances and their number is 360-774-6250

Welcome to this side, and that's just my two cents 

Most Active