Duodenal switch surgeons in washington?

fbtoo
on 11/13/09 9:19 am
I have been lurking on OH for a while, as I've been learning and going through the steps of screening and insurance approvals for WLS. I have been trying to find previous posts about this topic, but haven't found exactly the info I'm hoping for, so thought I'd dip my toe in and post my question...

I have been pursuing having an RNY, but am now wondering if it's the right procedure for me. I want to have a consultation about the duodenal switch with a surgeon, but the surgeon I've been talking to about RNY does not perform the DS. I'm aware that St Francis in Federal Way does this procedure - is that the top place in WA for this? Have any of you had DS in Washington, and if so by who and what did you think of the experience?

Thank you for your help.
Dapme
on 11/13/09 11:47 am - kingwood, TX
Hi there!

There are alot of us who have had the DS with Dr Srikanth at St Francis.
Working with him is awesome!

I don't know where you are in Washington however there is a DS support group tomorrow
in Tukwila.

It is at the Sizzler at Southcenter...it begins at 3pm in the back room.
If you can make it ..it would be a great opportunity to meet plenty of DSers....

Hope to see ya there...

Denise

PS..the support group takes place the 2nd Saturday of every month.
fbtoo
on 11/14/09 3:07 am
Thank you for the invitation - I'm not sure I'll be able to do it today, but it's good to know about.

It sounds like there are a lot of happey Dr. Srikanth patiets for DS? Is he sort of the top DS dog in washington? Are the other 2 surgeons at St. Francis just as well-regarded? 

On the OH directory, it sort of looked like Dr. McMahon at Swedish does the DS as well, but it's not listed on their website. I haven't gotten through at his office yet to find out - any DS experiences with him?

xkendrax
on 11/13/09 2:12 pm - Yelm, WA
Hi, I had the DS with Dr. Srikanth in Federal Way at St. Francis as well.  He is a great surgeon and I had a great experience.  I am 8 months post op and am down over 100 pounds.    I love my DS!

MySpace: myspace.com/xkendra
Highest: 261 / Surgery (03/11/09): 242.3/ Current: 122.8/ Goal: 105

Dapme
on 11/14/09 1:20 am - kingwood, TX
Hi!
Your stats are so impressive....Congratulations!

Denise
Awterpop
on 11/26/09 4:24 am
I too have been on this site now a while now, and I have decided on the DS.  I just went to my seminar with Dr. Srikanth just the other night, and was so impressed by him that I decided to put "my life in his hands".

I originally was with another Dr and considering the lap band, decided that wasn't for me, then looked into the RNY but decided that what I wanted and needed was the DS and this suregon tried to talk me out of it......but then again I didn't talk with the suregon, just his nurse.  After 3 visits to his office and only seeing the nurse I wasn't convinced that this was the best place for me.  So I left it all behind and went and found what I wanted.  Everyone where I worked had high praises for Dr. Srikanth and his staff and after meeting him the other night I can see why.

Since I do want the DS and my insurance will cover the DS, I would love to come to the next DS meeting at the Sizzler.  Can someone please tell me when the next one is and I'll mark it on my calendar and meet you all there.  I have so many more questions and what a better way then to experience the DS life then with a group of DSers.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cindy       
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/17/09 7:23 am
I think Dr Srikanth, and Dr Oh (yep, just like the web site) are the DS docs for WA. I wish they were here back when I was researching surgeries.

Unless your military - they apparently have the DS at Madigan too.
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/3/10 8:29 am, edited 1/3/10 8:30 am - Buckley, WA
Like others said Dr's Srikanth & Oh both do DS . They are both excellent surgeons . Dr. Srikanth has a much better bedside manner , though  . I am very happy with my RNY & am at goal . My main reason I would have had the DS is that I have arthritis & can't take NSAIDS , which sucks . DSers can take NSAIDS , or so i'm told .

Most Active