five days post-op

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 11/10/09 11:22 am
I knew things would be hard, but I didn't expect for them to be more mental than anything. I am having so many mood swings. I just pray that this gets easier for me. Physically I am not hungry, but mentally i want everything. When does it get easier?
Helen_Anne
on 11/11/09 2:45 am - Bremerton, WA

For me... the mood swings started to get better about 2 or 3 weeks...  the first week or so was the worst... I cried... I had some remorse about the surgery  and I was grieving FOOD.

Things do get  better.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

thisbe777
on 11/11/09 5:00 am
yeah, it's a shame they can't do surgery on your head at the same time.....

i'm watching the scale go down and down and down, but there is still a voice in my head saying "it will most likely come back after you go off this diet!"

then i remind myself that i'm not on a "diet", i'm eating a little less than human-sized portions now, and i will NEVER see any of those pounds again.   and i tell that voice in my head to shut the hell up...

as you realize how much control you actually have over what you eat now, the crazy thoughts will subside...  you have control over those, too!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 11/11/09 9:18 am
I am trying to tell myself that my mind is playing tricks on me. I was thinking about some lime chicken wings saying yummm, but then I thought what am i talking about. before the surgery I didn't even like those..lol. So, that just let me know my mind is full of nothings and I am over it. Food is food and I can be happy with what lil bit I can eat. I let food rule my mind and body for too long. I have finally admitted to my addiction and I am trying to beat it...thanks for the encouraging words
pnw
on 11/14/09 6:08 am - Vashon, WA
 I am just 6 weeks out.  I know how you feel.  The first few days home I thought I had to eat more than I was so I tried a protein drink loaded with my usual extras and had a true dump.  

Go slow - trust that your doctor has done more than just your surgery and has some experience in the plan.  I promise by week 6 things will start to clear and look a bit brighter.  

As for the 'I am on a diet' thinking.  Yes - I have that too.  I still don't believe that this is the real deal.  I am at a weight now that was the beginning of my end.  Not a happy weight but less than when I started.  

I also feel bad the my workouts are less than stellar.  I have just begun to feel good enough to walk without having severe pain.  I know small steps to this life time change.  So everyday I try to make a plan to get going.  Now that it's fall in WA - that is not as fun as it would be let's say in August.  But I am moving again - 

Hang in there - keep in touch and trust.

Mary - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Most Active