VSG

veronica.S
on 11/5/09 8:19 pm
Hi! I'm new to this site and extremely happy that I found it. I was just wondering if anyone has had an open VSG at Madigan. My surgery date is Nov. 24 with Dr. Carter.
rebeccaford
on 11/6/09 11:51 am - Honolulu, HI
 I don't know anyone who had a VSG but I had a revision surgery by Dr. Carter in April.   I love him. Do you have any questions in particular?
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

veronica.S
on 11/8/09 6:04 pm
Thanks for responding. I'm so happy to meet a patient of Dr. Carter. Yes, I have a few questions... so you had open surgery, how long did you stay in the hospital?
Did he remove your gallbladder and/or appendix?
How long did it take you to recover and restart your daily activities?
Thats all I can think of right now, thanks for your help!
jillianD
on 11/9/09 2:14 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
From what I have heard about Carter he usually takes the galbladder, not sure about recovery but I am sure Rebecca will be along soon!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

ladyjake
on 11/15/09 1:26 am - Lacey, WA
how long did you stay in the hospital? 

I had the open surgery and I went in on Tuesday, August 11th and was out on Thursday August 13th. They wanted me up and walking on the day of surgery and I was. Every time a nurse came to the room, they usually wanted to know if I had been up and walking. 

Did he remove your gallbladder and/or appendix? 

Dr. Carter did remove my gallbladder and my appendix was already out. 

How long did it take you to recover and restart your daily activities?

On Wednesday, August 19, my daughter drove me to my 1 week appointment, he removed all my staples and drain tube. Everything looked good, but I guess it wasn't because on Friday, August 21, I had to go to the ER because of an infection and the incision opening up and draining. After antibiotics for 10 days and home care of the wound, it closed up again.

See ya on the other side of Skinnyville!!

ladyjake
on 11/15/09 1:11 am - Lacey, WA
 Yes, I had an open VSG with Dr. Carter on August 11, 2009. My surgery went good and I am really happy with my results so far. The only set back that I had was at 10 days out my incision opened because it had gotten infected. However, with a few days of home care (after going to the ER and seeing Dr. Carter on followup) it closed up and I have not had any problems since.  

I just had my 3 month followup appointment on Nov. 12th and I weighed in at 229 lbs, down 47 lbs since surgery.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 

veronica.S
on 11/20/09 4:13 am
Thank you so much for responding! Its great to finally met a patient of Dr. Carter who  had the type of surgery I'm going to have. I got 4 more days to go before my surgery and excited, anxious and scared all at the same time.
Wow congrats on your weight loss. Thank you again for answering my questions.
ladyjake
on 11/21/09 8:45 am - Lacey, WA
 You are welcome. Good Luck with your surgery and keep us posted on your progress as soon as you are able.

Most Active