Loose skin, rash-what to do?

lizzybear
on 11/15/09 8:23 am - Olympia, WA
I know I'm a few days late in jumping on the advice wagon here, but hopefully it helps.  I go out with a fire management team each summer and before I lost my weight, within a couple days of being in some hot weather areas and sweating, I'd have rashes where my thighs rubbed the seams of my jeans (oh man, that HURTS because you have to wear pants everyday!), under my braline area and in between the rolls of fat on my tummy. 

What I found that really worked for me pre-op when I'd get rashes in my folds was to use the antifungal shower in the shower, make sure I was completely dry (couldn't use the blow dryer method because the shower trailers typically have the power outside for everyone to see by the lineup of sinks & mirrors) and rubbed on antifungal cream after showers.  Then after that I'd put some Monitstat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel on - it goes on like a cream, but dries like a velvety feeling barrier that really helped keep my clothes from sticking to me, my thighs from rubbing together and chafing the already painful area.

I hope your rash clears up.  If nothing else works, you might have to see your doctor and have it checked out and work from there. 

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

curiousasacat
on 11/15/09 10:28 am - WA
The rash has cleared up but wow, fantastic advice! I'm sure others would appreciate your advice as well. Thanks so much for jumping in, no matter how late!

Kelly
Most Active