OT - 3 of my kids have H1N1

LisaAnn
on 10/29/09 1:35 pm - WA
They are so sick....we took them in to their doctor today and he did a nose swab test and confirmed H1N1...I am scared from all the news hype, but my doctor reassures us that the media is making it sound much worse than it is and he said he FULLY expects my kids to recover just fine....I sure hope he is right!!!!

Scary stuff for sure!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

kayakinbum
on 10/29/09 1:58 pm - Seattle, WA
VSG on 02/23/10 with
Hi! We all had it 2 weeks ago (except for my husband, he must have some immunity from somewhere...). The kids both got hit pretty hard. But, it's the fevers you have to watch, b/c they go up really HIGH and FAST and even when you think they are gone, they go back up. So, really, that's the main thing to watch for.

You can alternate Motrin and Tylenol if you need to - let me know if you want more info on that. And, for high fevers, ice packs on; the back of the neck, under each arm, two at each side of the groin and one on the bottom of each foot - plus Otter Pops or Pedialyte Pops...that helps it come down.

Hang in there! It sucked, but I'm really thankful that we just had it and are done with it now. ((HUG))

Laura

BMI: 55.2/46.6/25 (Start/Current/Goal)

newlisab
on 10/30/09 6:34 am
 Oh No- I know your scared; but as the poster above said it will be ok :<) I have known LOTS of friends whose chidlren got and recovered just fine-
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

LisaAnn
on 10/30/09 6:49 am - WA
Thanks Laura, I am so glad you and your kids pulled through just fine. The fevers are HIGH, and we also have been piggy backing the tylenol and motrin. It seems to help tremendously!

The doctor said they should be fine also, they are otherwise very healthy kids. So I am keeping optimistic. My 9 year old has the worst cough, so that scares me a lot, but we are watching him so closely!!!

I am gonna PM you back...YES, I think that is Awesome!!!

Lisa, thank you also! Yeah, they are strong kids, so I am trying hard not to worry! 

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

pnw
on 10/30/09 7:56 am - Vashon, WA
Hi Lisaann

For high fevers I used the wet soak treatment.  Place wrung out cold wet cotton socks on their feet and cover with wool socks.  Put the kids to bed with covers and the temp will go down.  By morning or in a few hours the socks will be completly dry and the their temp down. 

for the cough - make sure he keeps moving is he can to keep the congestion from going into bronchitis or worse.  Also use vapor rub on the chest and tap the back every hour or so to keep it loose. 

I used to work with a  naturalpathic doctor.  This works all the time. 

YOU stay healthy and get your rest and fluids.

Take care
Mary - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

rebeccaford
on 10/31/09 1:02 pm - Honolulu, HI
Oh dear!!  That is no good.  Hope everyone recovers quick.  How you feeling?
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Turtle13
on 11/1/09 4:00 am - WA
Lisa, I am so sorry to hear the babies have the H1N1 flu. I hope they are getting better and you are staying healthy for them too.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
PinkFlamingoes
on 11/2/09 10:47 am - Buckley, WA
We had it last week . My grandaughter (lives with me) & I had mild results . My grandson (also lives with me) was pretty sick , at first , but has fully recovered . They were both given Tamaflu . I hope your family has a quick & full recovery .

Most Active