light headed and dizzy

marilynh
on 10/29/09 4:47 am - Yelm, WA
I am 4 weeks post op and still cannot eat anything except clear liquids, anything else comes back up. I am on day 2 of feeling dizzy and light headed. Any advice. My 1 month follow up is on Monday
Helen_Anne
on 10/29/09 4:54 am - Bremerton, WA

You may want to call your surgeon's office... you may have a stricture... and may need to have the opening from your new tummy  to your intestines stretched open. 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

marilynh
on 10/29/09 5:35 am - Yelm, WA
Thank You. I have contacted my surgeon and being on a military post there is noone in the clinic this afternoon but the doctor called me back and said basically the same thing. He is having me go to the ER and have the resident surgeon order bloodwork, CT Scan and possible a GI test. I will keep you updated.
marilynh
on 10/30/09 1:50 am - Yelm, WA
Ok so I spent 7 hours in the ER last night and they did blood work, urinalysis and a CT scan and found nothing. They said that my blood work looks good and that the CT scan showed fluids going all the way to my colon. I have my 1 month follow up on Monday and they are now going to scope me to see if they can find anything else that may be making me vomit daily, like an ulcer or something.
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/30/09 1:58 am - WA
You might try mashed potatoes, I was able to keek that down at first!

Merrilou
shannoncooper122
on 11/2/09 1:24 pm - mcchord afb, WA
what did the doctor say.. i was there today/. they had to cut my incision back open.   it is infected.  hurt bad....i had my tube taken out in er for that reason halloween..... let me know what happened .. see u in support group    shannon
Most Active