Need some advice on Insurance

EricW
on 10/28/09 12:55 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
Hello All:

It has been a while, sorry I haven't been back sooner.  I have a good friend that is a teacher here in Washington and is covered by Premera that I think most teachers are covered by.  He wants to have a DS, but doesn't know if Premera recognizes the DS procedure or not.

Has anyone with this type of coverage had a DS.  If so, were there any codes or co-morbities that helped the process along.  He needs to move fairly quickly so any help is appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Also, any idea when Dr. Rabkin will be at the next DS support group at the Sizzler?  Thanks in advance.  EW
Hislady
on 10/28/09 2:21 pm - Vancouver, WA
The best way for him to get the most accurate coverage info is to contact the isurance co. itself or human resources. Either of them should be able to give him current coverages.
Helen_Anne
on 10/29/09 1:13 am - Bremerton, WA

Eric,

He really needs to check with his policy... my husband was a teacher and as of last year... for HIS district.... WLS was not covered....

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

giver44
on 10/29/09 6:42 am - Post Falls, ID
I am a retired school disrict employee and had and have Premera for years.  They do not cover it. We have been trying for years to get them to honor it.
  But as the others have said.  He needs to contact Premera and talk to some one there.  Good luck to him.  Please let us know if he gets some coverage.cause I know several people (school bus drivers) that would give anything to have it.  Alice
EricW
on 11/3/09 7:15 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
Thanks All:

Haven't heard back from him since this post.  I will follow up and see if he has had any progress.  Sounds like it could be a tough one.  Thanks again.  EW  
Most Active