Stalled in South Sound

S.A.R.A.
on 10/27/09 1:01 pm - Tacoma, WA
Well, I have done it. Or rather my body is... I have officially Stalled. I just hit my 8 month post op date and I have lost much in the last three weeks. I have thought about what I eat... not really any issues I am pretty strict about what goes in this body. I work out everyday. I get all my Vitamins and drink plenty of H2O.

So what gives.

Any thoughts? Hints? Tricks to break this thing?

I would like to see my goal by the beginning of the year. Starting to feel like its not gonna happen for me.

~Michelle
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

lizzybear
on 10/27/09 1:50 pm - Olympia, WA
How long have you stalled?  How close to your goal are you?  As long as you're eating right and getting lots of water, you should get moving again.  I had some stalls that lasted three weeks and I was terrified it was over.  Seemed to start when I got within the last 30 pounds to my goal.  I just double-checked my food, my protein levels - I had started getting lax about staying at the high end of my protein range, got more fluids, added about 20-30 minutes more exercise each day and it got started again.  Good luck to you!  Stalls suck - but they are "stalls" not "stops."  As soon as your body has caught up to itself and is ready, it will take off again.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

S.A.R.A.
on 10/27/09 2:06 pm - Tacoma, WA
It's been about 3 weeks now... and I want to loose between 19-24 more pounds no more than 24 lbs. I started journaling what I eat to make sure I wasnt forgetting anything or cheating and so far I have been right on. I changed my protein intake alittle; instead of drinking protein before dinner I take it before bed... I was having morning light headness and drinking the protein right before bed seems to prevent that for me. I already workout quite a bit; 10 mile walks daily and 20-30 on the bike everyother day. Kickboxing on Saturday mornings.
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/28/09 12:45 am - WA
When you work out you build muscle, it has more weight than fat! That is a good thing. Keep up on your protein drinks and vitamins. I'll bet the stall won't last too long, hang in there and keep up the good work! Don't check your weight for two weeks and I'll bet you will be surprised.

Merrilou
jillianD
on 10/28/09 12:55 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
My thoughts, are you eating enough?  It sounds like you have quite an extensive workout program, you might not be eating enough.  You should be, and this is my opinion, getting 800 - 1000 calories a day without the exercise.  Try adding 100-200 calories a day and see if that helps.  I steadily increased my calories all along and a have lost consistently till I hit goal.  Now I am struggling to eat enough to stop losing.  I eat all day long!

Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

juicyprincess
on 11/4/09 1:51 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey babe! Stall, its about time! Just ride it out and change something, anything. Also, if i remember your goal weight, it was rather on the light side wasnt it (for your height)...I can say this to you cause i am not there yet, i know the emotion must be a lot. i get worried about rounding to goal weight cuz that losing feeling will be gone...of course i worry about not getting to my goal weight too!
good luck
xoxox

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active