Happy 2-Year Surgiversary to Me!!

lizzybear
on 10/26/09 12:53 pm - Olympia, WA
I just realized that today is my 2-year surgiversary!!  Actually my hubby remembered - not me.  He just made the comment that my tummy tuck will be on my 2-year and 2-day anniversary from my surgery. 

Wow, how time flies.  I am still amazed at how terrific I feel.  I reached my goal in just under 10 months and have maintained within 10 pounds above and below since then.  I had my 2-year follow-up appointment last Wednesday and Dr. Hunter was very happy with me.  He said he could tell that I'll be one of those who he'll see at my next year follow-up and I'll still weigh the same and be just as happy, if not happier.

Life is so different now.  I love being able to be active and doing things whenever I want and not being tired all the time.  My most favorite wow moment is still when I first ran on the treadmill - me running!  Heck, walking took my breath away before.  I hear comments from people I don't see very often that they can't believe the change in me, not just the weight loss, but how happy I look every time they see me - I've always got a huge smile on my face.  I love my life - even when sucky things happen, which have been happening at work and some hard times some of my family are going through - I'm still generally in a pretty happy mood.

I still thank God for leading me here and saving my life - even if I wasn't going to die soon, how I was living was not a life, it was just an existence.  This is how life's supposed to be - lived well and happily!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

rebeccaford
on 10/26/09 1:52 pm - Honolulu, HI
Congratulations!  What an inspiration!
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

lizzybear
on 10/26/09 2:20 pm - Olympia, WA
Thank you!  Wow - down 90 pounds since your revision in April!!!  That's awesome!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

jcheryld
on 10/26/09 2:44 pm
Congrats to you Lizzybear! You are always an inspiration to me... best of luck on your upcoming PS!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Helen_Anne
on 10/27/09 1:02 am - Bremerton, WA

Lizzybear....

YOU truely are an inspiration!!!  Congrats on your two year Surgiversary!!!!  I am hoping to be at goal by the end of the year...

Let us know how your plastic surgery goes.... I am hoping to get approved for plastic surgery next year ... but since I have no rashes ... I think I will be paying out of pocket!

Isn't Dr Hunter the GREATEST!!!  I saw him last week too... and he was happy with my results so far too!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

lizzybear
on 10/27/09 1:15 pm - Olympia, WA
Thanks jcheryld and Helen Anne!!  You both have Dr. Hunter, too!  Yes he is absolutely awesome!! 

My medical didn't cover the PS no matter what kind of rashes or anything, but I didn't have any rashes or anything other than extremely itchy skin sometimes.  So, I'm paying out of pocket.

Yeah Helen Anne for your great check-up, too!!  You are doing great. 

I'll post as soon as I'm feeling up to it after my surgery tomorrow.  I already put my before pics on my profile for my friends.  I figured that would prompt me to get on their faster with the "along the way" pics as my tummy heals and looks better.  I hope!

jillianD
on 10/28/09 12:59 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Have a safe surgery today and recover fast!  Congratulations on everything and I hope I see you in real life soon, maybe we can get a coffee?  I hope you took pleanty of time off work.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

lizzybear
on 10/30/09 2:30 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks Jilly!  My surgery went fine.  Haven't taken the binder off yet to see how things look, but I can take a shower tonight and remove the dressing and just leave the steri strips.  I haven't had much pain.  There was one spot that felt like it was burning and ripping whenever I got up and walked, but last night we figured out it's not the incision - it's the stupid tape where they attached the gauze dressing to my skin.  They've got the tape so tight where my leg bends, that it's pulling my skin out into think painful lines.  So we managed to get it loosened up some.  Geez I think they use superglue to keep the stupid tape on. So, now that that's fixed I'm feeling pretty good. 

Yeah, as soon as I'm up and around we'll have to grab coffee and catch up!!  I took the entire month of Novemeber off, figuring I'd work from home for a few days or a week, then possibly go back the week of Thanksgiving since it's a short 3-day week.

Most Active