I have made it to

Nicki H.
on 10/25/09 11:57 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I have made it to Onederland!!!!! I have not seen a 1 in front of my weight in about 17 yrs....and it may have been longer!!!!!!  I am in a size 14 levis, and the last time I wore that size was 6th grade!

I'm not going to say that it's been easy.  I was banded Aug 12, 08. I have gone up slightly sometimes, but never more than a couple lbs and it has come off easily.  I have done the HCG diet.  I know a lot of people do not agree with this.  I am not necessarily doing it only for the weight loss I am doing it because long term it sets your metabolism at a higher set point.  If you do it right.  I did it once in Aug and with daily work outs I dropped 23 lbs and a lot of inches.  I started my 2nd round a couple days ago, and have finally hit onderland.  It's not easy.  You have to eat exactly what the book says.  I am under the care of my dr, and feel great!  It takes A LOT of discipline to lose weight...and for me even more to stick to this way of eating.  With small kids we have a lot of snacks, candy, fast food etc.  It' very hard to resist!  But, this is only for a set amount of weeks.  I know I can do it again. 

Thanks for letting me share!!!!

I honest to GOD....never thought my band would work and allow me to lose weight.  I know that it is all about OUR choices, and the band just helps.  Still nothing has ever worked for me in the past.....On August 12,2008 I was paired with me new BFF!!!  And as long as I work it, my band works for me:)

Have a most fantastic day!!!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

rebeccaford
on 10/25/09 2:23 pm - Honolulu, HI
Congrats!!  Anything with a 1 in front of it feels soooo good! 
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

LisaAnn
on 10/25/09 3:01 pm - WA
I agree, congrats!!!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

jillianD
on 10/26/09 12:22 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Congratulations!!  You sure are rockin your band, enjoy seeing that #1!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 10/26/09 12:53 am - Bremerton, WA

Congrats.... I just recently just got to Onederland myself... IT IS A WONDERFUL FEELING!!! 

You have done great!!! Congrats...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/26/09 1:49 am - Buckley, WA
That is wonderful . Congratulations ! You're almost to goal ! Don't worry about the naysayers , they don't walk in your shoes . Keep on keepin on .

lizzybear
on 10/26/09 12:41 pm - Olympia, WA
Congratulations!!!  Having that 1 at the beginning of your weight is an awesome feeling!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Nicki H.
on 10/28/09 2:10 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Thank you!  I can't believe I am almost there!  In the beginning I knew I would lose weight, but never thought that it would be working this well!  ME???!!!!!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active