2 days before surgery

shannoncooper122
on 10/20/09 11:28 am - mcchord afb, WA

Friday is my day.  I couldn'tbe more freaked out.  Nervous, scared, excited, and exhausted all together.  It feels right but so scarey that I will be in lots of pain.  I did the support group today at Madigan.  I felt more nervous after it.  I hear there is another one on fort lewis not ran by the hospital staff.  Anyone ever go there.  I think I would like to try one that has more people with urgery vs people having to take class becasue they want it... any input on that would be great..... I spent last night reading all of your journey's throught this process and i love this web site.  so thanks to all of u for sharing your good and bad moments.  It is comforting as will as educational.       Shannon

MacawMother
on 10/20/09 6:47 pm
I'm not in your area so I cannot help you with your search for a different support group. I do know at my surgeon's office there are two different support groups.  One is for pre-op and the other is post-op.  Maybe you can ask about that? I just wanted to say congratulations!... and please check in and let us (or me) know how things are going!  

MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Megan_1984
on 10/20/09 7:52 pm
I've only been to the support group at Madigan, but I do have the info for the other support group on my frige if you'd like the info - just let me know! With 2 kids under 2, I just haven't had the time to make it over there yet! Congrats on having surgery Friday - it will be over before you know it. Be sure to let us know how it goes =)
shannoncooper122
on 10/21/09 7:33 am - mcchord afb, WA
did u have a appointment last monday because u look like someone i was talking with there while waiting
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/21/09 7:19 am - WA
If you want to talk one on one call me, I am 8 years out and doing great!

Merrilou (253) 939-8865
Megan_1984
on 10/21/09 9:50 am
no, I haven't had an appt. since early Oct. -- I'm waiting for a call from Pam so I can schedule my appt with the surgeon. When did you start the pathway? I started my classes in July (orientation in March) - it seems like most of the people I went through the pathway with have either had surgery already or have a date. 
shannoncooper122
on 10/21/09 12:54 pm - mcchord afb, WA

U need to call because u finished before me.   dont wait on the call.   i finished in august then got my surgery scheduled last month.  i had a six week wait because my surgeon was  out of town.   so get on the phone with pam tomorrow.    all of the people i went through it with has had the surgery   i am the last ones.  it sucked but my time has come and urs will too.  but i got to learn from their experience. lol  ...i feel like we have alreay met in july.. u look very familiar.  do u live on fort lewis or mcchrd.  i live on mcchord... shannon

rebeccaford
on 10/21/09 2:25 pm - Honolulu, HI
Shannon...there is a group that meets on the corner of 12th & Liggett - the ACS building on post.  ITs a fun group and mostly post ops some as far as 7 or 8 years.  Plus newbies, too.  You are so welcome to come.  It starts and 5 and goes until 7.  Think about coming. 
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

jillianD
on 10/22/09 1:00 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Rebecca is right and it is tonight (thursdays) so you do have time to go in before surgery!  You will be fine, the docs at madigan are very experienced.  Just make sure you keep on top of your pain, ask for your pain meds before you really start to hurt, the nurses sometimes get very busy.  I wish I was going to be at the support group tonight but am recovering from a lower body lift right now and and back to work, so I will be too tired. 

If you can try and go, everyone there is so supportive!!

Good luck and safe surgery!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Forevrtaja
on 10/22/09 1:40 pm
Good Luck!!!  Dr E is GREAT as are all the surgeons. 

((hugs))
Michelle
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
Most Active