eating salads

carlycro54
on 10/17/09 11:28 pm - WA
wondering when we can start to eat salads? I am at the end of my 3 months post op and will be seeing my MD in 3 weeks just wondering how long I have to wait to try salads? Any sugestions?

Helen_Anne
on 10/18/09 1:05 am - Bremerton, WA
I started with lettuce and tomatoes... and other soft "salad" veggies about 3ish months... but even now out over a year... I don't like to eat raw carrots or broccoli... I like them better steamed a little...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

carlycro54
on 10/18/09 6:47 am - WA
Thaks Helen,
 that really help I think if I start off slow I should be fine! I really like the green peppers and olives, I think I will shred the carrots, that might help.If lettuce is fine would cabbage salad be ok as well?

Helen_Anne
on 10/18/09 12:13 pm - Bremerton, WA
Maybe if it's mixed with lettuce or spinach... and thinly sliced.... cabbage can be rough on the pouch.. start slowly...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

curiousasacat
on 10/22/09 10:08 am - WA
Yuk, cabbage? Sorry, not a fan of cabbage!  I like my veggies cooked, not raw... (if raw, it's harder on the pouch)...  

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/19/09 4:53 am - WA
You might want to call your Dr. before starting anything new, Some are very strict !

Merrilou
carlycro54
on 10/19/09 5:00 am - WA
Thanks for the advice, that is a very good suggestion I will do that today, Thanks !

curiousasacat
on 10/22/09 10:00 am - WA
I'm not crazy about salads... even after over a year out.... just not much protein (unless it has shrimp or chicken in it).  I find that when I eat with my relatives -- I just skip the salad and eat the main course as I don't have much room in my pouch. Sometimes, I have 1 or 2 bites of salad, that is, iffff I have room. 

I don't miss salads that much anymore.

Kelly

Most Active