Update

jillianD
on 10/6/09 2:33 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well I have a lot of time on my hands for the next week so I thought I would post an update on how life has been post RNY.  I am almost 20 months out now and have lost around 160 lbs.  I am in awe of myself and this surgery.  I just got out of the hospital today after my 3rd surgery for the year. (last one too I hope)
April I had a breast reduction,
June I had my galbladder removed
and yesterday I had a belt Lipectomy with muscle tightening.  This last one is a doozy and  I am very grateful for vicodin let me tell you!!  I had most of my surgeries at Madigan and the BL at Bremerton, and the care at both was excellent.
Not sure what else to say other than I am very grateful for the opportuinites I have been given and that my life has changed in wonderful ways.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/6/09 3:24 pm - Buckley, WA
Congrats on all you've accomplished , Jill . I hope you are taking it easy . I remember when I had my extended TT almost a year ago . I was in a lot of pain . Take it easy , you hear me ? lol . I'm mentally planning what i'll do next . Have to sell my Moms house first (in the spring) . You have done wonderfully . I'm glad you've gotten good care . Kathy

MacawMother
on 10/7/09 6:00 am
You look wonderful!   Thank you for being an inspiration to us pre-ops. 
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Helen_Anne
on 10/8/09 3:16 am - Bremerton, WA

Jill...

WOW congrats!!!  As soon as your swelling goes down... ( I am assuming you probably have some)... we want to see new pictures... I love your new avitar picture!!!   You look SO different from that time I met you at Denny's in March of 2008!!!

What is a belt Lipectomy?   I have tons (ok... maybe pounds) of belly skin... but my  butt seems to faired ok...  The girls have flatten out.... so mamograms will be easier... since I think I can squish them to about a half inch myself!!!

I am hoping to look into plastics in the winter....

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 10/8/09 5:24 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
LOL  A belt Lipectomy is basically a lower body lift.  I got cut almost all the way around and hiked up like an old pair of pantyhose.   The surgeon took of 5 lbs of skin, there really wasn't much fat there.  I got a little muscle tightening too.  ( I didn't even know he was gonna do that ) LOL  Looks scary, I have 4 drains in and my va jay jay looks like it belongs to a Borg form those star trek shows.  ( that is where all the drains are coming out )  

With all the drains I really don't have much swelling, I will try and get some pics tonight for anyone brave enough to want to see them.  ( I finally get to take a shower!! )

I will type more later the vicodin is kickin in and will be asleep soon.  Was great hearing from you Helen, you look marvelous!!

rebeccaford
on 10/13/09 12:34 pm - Honolulu, HI
I realize I'm severley tardy in writing to you, but wanted to say I can't wait to see your results!  You are an inspiration :-)
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

jillianD
on 10/13/09 1:03 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well I plan to be at group thursday, anyone who want to see is welcome to take a look.  I got all my drains out today, ( 4 ) and woah did that ever hurt!!!  But at least I am not as scary and I can walk much better!!

Take care!

netta
on 10/14/09 5:10 am
Hi JIll
Wow,,!!!!!!!!!! Thats amazing, I need that done too,,but am really scared,,and I dont scare easily,,my butt hurts all the time,am really proud of you doing it and going all the way,,YOU GO GIRL
See you thursday in group.
Redd

REDD

jillianD
on 10/14/09 5:30 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Ehh my butt still hurts, didn't help that any.  But I did get a new cushion that helps some, I will bring it with me thurs too!

lizzybear
on 10/21/09 3:38 pm, edited 10/21/09 3:38 pm - Olympia, WA
Wow Jilly - you look amazing!  I didn't even recognize your avatar!  I'm lurking tonight.  Having my extended abdominoplasty next Wednesday, so put my before pics on my profile and posted and rambled on forever, then came here to check out the old home - just felt like reading posts and seeing what everyone's up to, thought it might calm the nerves.  I haven't been on here forever! 

I'm so glad you got your belt lipectomy!!!   You sound like you're doing really well.  Keep the Vicodin going and I hope your butt quits hurting soon! 

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active