Monday was my 3yr surgiversary

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/1/09 12:59 pm - Buckley, WA
I haven't been on OH a lot lately . I've been going through a lot , related to losing my Mom , layoffs at work & life in general . Sometimes reality sucks .  

Anyway - Monday was my 3 year surgiversary !!! I met goal in a little over a year . I've lost over 150 pounds . I still drink my shakes , daily . I take all of my supplements , daily , as well . Best of all , I feel much better . I am still dealing with body image issues . I think that is common & normal . I can't believe it's been 3 years already . I am so glad I did this , despite the fact that I was self pay & am still paying . I'd rather have my new lease on life , than a lease on a BMw . It was worth every dime . xoxox Kathy

thisbe777
on 10/2/09 12:03 am, edited 10/2/09 12:04 am
awesome!  glad to see you haven't let reality derail you...

i'm a week and a half out and on my way...   i was self pay too -- decided my retirement account wouldn't do me any good if i wasn't there to collect it....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/2/09 1:28 pm - Buckley, WA
Congratulations Jeris . It is a wonderful investment towards a longer , healthier life . Kathy

jillianD
on 10/2/09 1:07 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Life never stands still, does it?

Congrats on your 3 yr surgiversary!!  I don't get on here as much a I used to, been trying to be here and go to group more.  I need to remember that I need the support even when other things try and get in the way.  I hope you have a wonderful day and you do something nice for yourself, even if it nothing more than a soak in bath with a good book.

(((HUGS)))

Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/2/09 1:47 pm - Buckley, WA
I know , it's hard to remember that others may need our support when our own lives are a mess .I'm one of the lucky ones not getting laid off . But , I am so sad about my co-workers plights . We've had a couple of after work dinners to try to support each other . Those of us left will have much different jobs than we had before . Along with different hours . I've been through change at work before & know i'll be okay . It's just the unknown details that are tough . Just lay it out & get on with it & i'll be okay . 

I love my support group 'thru thick & thin' , just wi**** were closer . I know , i'm just a big ol' whiner . lol . Hopefully life will get less hectic soon . (i'm a dreamer , too) .

Thanks for the congrats & Hugs . Congrats to your wonderful success , too .

VickiStevens
on 10/3/09 3:18 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey Kathy,

It's great to hear that you are doing well in the weightloss arena.  I'm sorry to hear that life has not been so good for you lately though.  It is tough going through such hard times. 

Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/6/09 3:07 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Vicki . No , life hasn't been easy , but i'm a survivor . It does seem that challenges come in multiples . It's never just one thing . Hopefully things will taper off & mellow out .

Helen_Anne
on 10/4/09 11:32 am - Bremerton, WA
Kathy....

Congratson your 3 year Surgiverary!!!  You are such an inspiration!!   I am sorry things are a little rough now for you...  when I am 3 years out... I want to still be at  goal.. ok ... so I have to get to goal first!!

I hope you don't get laid off..

Congrats again...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/6/09 3:15 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Helen .
I doubt if i'll get laid off , as i've been out there almost 25 years . But , my job will be changing . I'm going back into the woodshop . Most of the woodshop people got laid off & they needed someone who knew their way around woodworking tools . It's a demanding job , due to deadlines . I'm sure it'll be fine . It's the grief emotions that i'm having such a hard time with . The other stuff just doesn't help . It's hard to see so many of my friends get laid off , too .
You'll be at goal in no time . I know It seemed like I was going know where fast & then all of the sudden , I was at goal .

Susan O.
on 10/6/09 4:43 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Congratulations! You are a wonderful inspiration to all!

I've really missed you! I was shopping yesterday, and saw the blouse you wore when you modeled, and that made me miss you more! (I would havean bought one too, if they'd had my size!)

Take it easy  & keep breathing!!
Hugs, Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active