checking in day 4 after surgery - doing good

pnw
on 9/30/09 11:56 am - Vashon, WA
Hi gang, thank you for all you prayers on Sat. I felt them all. I could not get out until Tuesday because my heart was not beating normal - too fast - too slow - it was not in sync. My hubby took me home on Tuesday afternoon. It was a hard ride - I got mothion sickness. When I got home I was concerned about my first bm - it never happened and I was told I should have one daily - so I felt a need to speed things along. I took some Phillips as recommended by the doc. office. Half dose - almost lost it. No pain This morning my lower intestines were rumbeling for sure. I thought - I need to 'eat' a protein shake - so I took in 1/2 cup of protein shake AND my chewable vit. Within 10 min I was nearly on the floor. Made it upstairs - knew I was going to faint (had this when I was going through hystrecromy phase). So I made it to the bathroom - called in myh hubby and told him to hold me there while I ....fainted.....and took care of business. I know TMI but hey that's the facts folks. The first bm after anyh abd surgery is never pretty. I just hope it's not the same as my hystrectormy and causes pain each move. I got a liquid stool softner - not sure about this - will update on that tomorrow. I am drinking water and a liquid protein drink every 15 min - small sips - it's now 7 pm and I managed to get through about 25 oz of fluid not counting the 1/2 cup of broth this afternoon. I seemed to have eaten more in the hospital. I think your body is in shock - has a memory of normal. Hubby did get a touch of the flu but he is feeling better. The boys are doing great too. I will try to go on the blogs to post as things happen. BTW - my doc office requires a blood thinner shot 2 x a day for 28 days. I think that's great - since I have a history of DVT in my family and a few near calls for myself. but - that stuff is expensiive. A 28 day supply without insurance runs $2000 - with insurance $75 WOW. Thanks gang Mary - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

jillianD
on 9/30/09 12:15 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Glad to hear you are doing well over all.  Every one hits a few rough spots in the beginning.  Take care of yourself, don't push to hard.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

LisaAnn
on 10/1/09 12:33 am - WA
So glad you are home and doing well! Sorry about the bumps along the way! That is frightening! Your hubby sounds like a good man! Hope the healing is fast for ya!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

newlisab
on 10/1/09 2:00 am
Yeah your home!!!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Linda W.
on 10/1/09 9:59 am - Vancouver, WA

Mary,
Glad your home, even thou it was a rough go! No pun intended. Send me a PM & let's ge caught up.

Blessings,

Linda

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

Helen_Anne
on 10/1/09 12:39 pm - Bremerton, WA
The first few weeks are the worst...  I am glad you are home and your hubby is taking care of you...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/09 12:48 pm - .., WA
Praise God, your home and ok :) Good news. I go on the 12th so, we will be on the road together...you being ahead you can share what is happening :)

Take care and get some rest!
Most Active