low blood sugar?????

bzlatich
on 9/29/09 3:08 am - Kennewick, WA
Post Date: 9/29/09 10:01 am
i have been dizzy and wanting to pass out the last few days so i went to my PCP and my blood work came back as low blood suga allmy other stuff was within normal limits, so the nurce was drink juice and have some sugar????

what kind of things can RNY patients haave when this happens??? i am 9 months post-op ??

anyone have this probem???

help and thanks in advance
barb Barb
Barb
jillianD
on 9/30/09 1:01 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
It is pretty common.  All I can tell you is you need to eat every few hours and watch the carbs.  Protein with every meal.  Watch your blood pressure too, mine was starting to get too low at one point and I had to increase the salt.

Look on the RNY and Main boards for hypoglycemia posts.  You will learn a lot.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

vitalady
on 10/1/09 7:55 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
On our very long term group, we've figured out it's a reaction to carbs. But, ah, which carbs? Personal. For me, bread or potatoes, if taken in volume to my preference.

That said, it was 13 yrs before I figured it out! LOL

But after a time, our consensus is that we all carry PB crackers, have them everywhere, since there is no time to think about it. And we drink with them to get them in faster. I used to like them, but now I consider them medicinal. LOL

Candy/juice create a spike which just perpetuates the roller coaster ride. The PB crackers give you a "cheap carb" so hits fast, and the fat/protein in the PB slows it down enough to stop the cycle.

The purse crackers fit nicely into a hard shelled glasses case.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

bzlatich
on 10/4/09 1:02 pm - Kennewick, WA
thqnk yo both for th einfo, i will be trying the suggested items

thats

vtalady doyo have list of everything that you e sell, i meet you at the OH event in seattle and got a fewproducts from you.

if so please email privately at
[email protected]

thanks
barb
Barb
Most Active