SURGERY DATE and ... scared?

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 5:50 pm
I just got my surgery date today for Nov. 6th with Dr. Martin at Madigan. He told me he would put me at the top of the call list in case someone cancels because my husband is shipping out soon.. I should be REALLY excited but I'm just... scared.... It's not about the surgery just more that, I truly don't have any support system out here. My husband is gone constantly and any family is 2000 miles away. I've made a few friends out here, but no one that would understand this.

I guess I'm just feeling nervous to go it alone...
jillianD
on 9/29/09 12:57 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
There are lotsa people who have had surgery at Madigan here.  I love dr Martin, he took out my galbladder 16 months post op.  I healed beautifully!  As far as more support, start going to the thurs night support group, it is from 5-7 in the same building as the battle bean.  everyone there is wonderful and I am sure you will have several people volunterr to be contacts for you post op. 

My self included if you want.  You don't have to be alone!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 9/29/09 1:04 am - Bremerton, WA

Congrats on getting a surgery date.... I agree with Jill about the Madigan WLS peeps.... while I did not have surgery at Madigan... Jill and others supported me through the months before and after my surgery both online and in person!

Had it not been for them... I would NOT have been as prepared for what was to come after WLS surgery!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

LisaAnn
on 9/29/09 12:11 pm - WA

Hey Ashley,

Congratulations on getting your date, and even bigger congrats that it is with Dr. Martin. He is absolutely wonderful. You are going to be in excellent hands as far as surgery goes!

I am VERY sorry that your hubby has to  deploy so soon after surgery. I wish I was closer to Ft. Lewis to help out. If you have your surgery lap,  recovery should be much easier, and hopefully you will be up and about before your dh deploys.

Is it possible for family to come stay for a  few weeks? Also, keep your son in day care so you can have some rest for those hours while recovering.

I hope your date gets moved up so you have more time with  hubby home!!!

Good luck, and let me  know if I can help  in any way!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

newlisab
on 9/29/09 3:49 pm
Aww  Kiddo you KNOW  I wish I could be here for you!!  But I agree; keep J in daycare as much as possible, and hopefully your Mom ca n come...You'll be a-ok!! You saw me...it was really just One week of crap...week 2 look at me...mowing lawns, packing, ect... You can fo this!!! I"m sooo excited for you!!  Remember: Bikini's...Ga...:)  LOL
PLus you better sit in that bed and TXT ME  non stop!!!
Lisa ~ 
262/138
124lbs LOST =post op   size 2-4
-

Most Active