Madigan cosmetic question

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 9/24/09 5:51 am
What is the difference between a regular tummy tuck and the tummy tuck they do at madigan? Has anyone had any cosmetic surgery done at madigan, and how did it turn out? Thanks

Susan O.
on 9/24/09 8:29 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
What they do at Madigan is a Panniculectomy - just removal of the excess skin. A true "tummy tuck"  also tightens the muscles of the abdomen. I did not have any PS there, but I'm sure you'll hear from others who have!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 9/24/09 9:35 am
thank you so very much for the information!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/09 2:19 pm - Fort Lewis, WA
I just had a belt lipectomy and breast augmentaion with implants on 9/16.  With the belt lipectomy i was cut from front to my back.  A little paniful and more recovery time than a regular tummy tuck. But one of my friends just had a tummy tuck done with the muscle tightening done, so Madigan does do both.  My doctor was doctor Walker and he did a great job.   Please let me know if you have any questions.

Michelle D. 
slimmingdown1lastti
me

on 9/26/09 11:15 am
that gave me some hope of actually looking good after I lose all the weight. thanks. Does Dr. Walker perfrom gastric bypass too?

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/09 12:41 am - Fort Lewis, WA
No Dr. Walker is actually part of the plastic surgery dept at Madigan.

Michelle D.
vhagen20
on 6/23/10 3:15 pm - Lacey, WA
On September 25, 2009 at 9:19 PM Pacific Time, Michelle D. wrote:
I just had a belt lipectomy and breast augmentaion with implants on 9/16.  With the belt lipectomy i was cut from front to my back.  A little paniful and more recovery time than a regular tummy tuck. But one of my friends just had a tummy tuck done with the muscle tightening done, so Madigan does do both.  My doctor was doctor Walker and he did a great job.   Please let me know if you have any questions.

Michelle D. 
 Did you also have your Bypass at Madigan? if so how were they as far as approving? strict to the T or kind of laid back? Also.... Im worried that If I get the bypass and I loose all the the excess weight... including the breasts... and they end up looking disfigured because of the extreme weight loss, will they cover a breast augmentation??
Most Active