Seeking some advice please?

Billie Jo C.
on 9/24/09 6:57 am - Spokane, WA
I'm currently in a pending mode with my insurance company. They are waiting on missing information/documentation. I was wondering if I should send/fax anything on my behalf? Like the letter for approval from me to them? A letter stating why I think I would benefit from this type of surgery? etc....Or should I give that stuff to my Doctor to send with my medical information/documentation?
My current insurance is DSHS/Molinia (I'm waiting for approval to continue to the Second Stage:diet/exercise, meet with surgeon, Nutritional visits and, Psychological evaluation etc..)

Thanks.
-Billie Jo
Susan O.
on 9/24/09 8:50 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
I know it's hard, but just give them what they ask for, when they ask for it, or you will be repeating everything. They don't really care why you or your doctor think you should have surgery, etc. - only if you meet the insurance co. criteria. Most insurances are just "by the book"!
Good luck!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/09 12:31 am - .., WA
I sent alot of stuff and won my appeal. I went through my medical records and sent anything that spoke of my weight and health problems. My Doctor didn't send enough information.

In addition to that I sent a letter stating my health problems, past diet attempts, meds, ...I also sent copies of gym membership, WW booklets, Jenny Craig member booklet, I also took a picture of my many, many diet books and sent that as well.

They need as much information as possible to make a decision. So, help them , help you. Think outside of the box. I have a friend who even sen copies of her ski lift passes to she she was active.
Billie Jo C.
on 9/27/09 11:46 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you Susan and Dream for the replies....

I think I'm trying to be to cautious. I want to make sure the insurance company gets all the information they need from both me, and my doctor. I think I'll take the chance and send what information I have to them, and see what happens.
They will either except it, and see I'm truly dedicated to this course of action, or They'll deny me, and I'll have to fight even harder! Either way I'm hoping to come out on the winning side.

Again I'm going to take this advice, and use it to my advantage. Thanks Ladies for the guidance.

-Billie Jo
Most Active