Anybody doing the Walk from Obesity in Bellevue on the 27th?

Lisa O.
on 9/14/09 4:55 am - Snoqualmie, WA

http://www.walkfromobesity.com/index.php

Hi All!

I wanted to share with everyone that there will be a walk from Obesity  walk on Sunday the 27th of Sept. if anyone is interested in coming along.  I've attached the link if you want more information or to register. 

I will be walking with the team from my surgeon's office along with another friend from OH.  It's $25 to sign up and you get a tee shirt.  You can also collect pledges from friends and family.  They make it very easy to donnate on line too!

If you want to check to see if your doc has a team click on Join a Team.  Or you could start your own or walk as an individual.

It would be great if we could represent OH in a big way too!

Come along and look for me!  Let me know if you're doing the walk and maybe we could have a coffee before or after the walk.

My Nut said that the walk only took about 1/2 hour last year.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Kathy P.
on 9/17/09 5:31 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Group Health has a team as well. I think I'm going! I have to hit up family and co-workers for some donations!

I'll be signing up this weekend.

Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
curiousasacat
on 9/19/09 4:27 am - WA
Thanks for sharing. I joined up as well.

pnw
on 9/23/09 11:05 am - Vashon, WA
 I will be day 1 after my surgery - please think of me as you walk.  I have to be in ICU because of my heart but should be out of the UW Med and in my room by Monday - and home maybe Tuesday - well that's my plan anyway :D

Take a good walk
Think of where you've been
Dream of where you are going
Share your goals with others and pay it forward.

Peace
Mary - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going

Lisa O.
on 9/23/09 12:55 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
All the best to you Mary!

I like the way you think and the words you shared.  I'll be sure to do just that.  This journey has been a mission for me from the beginning.  If one other person can benefit from my experience then it's more worth it than just the obvious benefits I have personally received.  That's why I chose early on to tell everyone who will listen that I had WLS.  I don't keep it a secret because I hoped I could inspire others to save their own lives.  So far two friends have had WLS. 

Pay if forward, Amen!

Peace
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

pnw
on 9/24/09 11:52 am - Vashon, WA
 Thanks YOU Lisa

I now have added that to my tag line.

I am so comfortable now - pre-surgery with my direction.  OK - Have not told my family back east but hey - what can they do from there.  I will show them soon enough.  I think they will respond better that way.

Take care - have a good walk.
Mary - Vashon
Think of where you've been ~ Dream of where you are going

Cheryl N.
on 9/24/09 1:27 pm - Des Moines, WA
I joined my GHC team.  See u sunday!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active